Slow start, let me explain...

Manik

The truck turns over just fine, normally even, but, it takes 3 sometimes 4 cranking cycles before it will start. After she starts, she runs just fine, but, doesn't seem to have the throttle response it had a few months ago before this problem started.

I am not really sure where to start, there aren't any codes or anything else unusual going on. Anybody have any ideas of where to start? I have been thinking maybe the distributor?

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Second on checking fuel pressure. Ensure that not only do you have full pressure while engine is running, but that the pressure holds for a while after it is turned off. Should lose less than 5 psi in 10 min. Also turn the key on without starting and watch the pressure gauge. It should spike up about 5-10 psi higher than the pressure when it is idling. 

If the pressure is low and or bleeds off try clamping the return hose and repeat the tests. If pressure is good, you likely have a failing regulator. If there is no change, a failing pump is likely. 

I had a thought a little while ago. When I was getting this rig back on the road, or trying to, I was having issues getting it to start ans run. It wound up that the 3 inch length of hose that connected the fuel pump to the line has rotted ans split.
The only hose that I had available at the time wasnt much better, but, it worked and has for 2 years. I'm thinking that it may be causing this problem.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk