CV axle upgrade

I am looking to replace my cv axle soon and am trying to find the best axle for wheelin. Ive seen them range form $50 to $100, but they all talk about new materiel or boot quality and not strength or articulation. Any recommendations or suggestions? 

I'm not aware of stronger aftermarket CVs for these, but there are two different types of CVs out there. One has a tripod joint inner (for four-cylinder trucks), the other has six balls (for V6 trucks). I'm told the six-ball type is stronger. IIRC the tripod joint style CVs have a smooth shaft between the boots, and the six-ball type have a little narrowed section in between. Either will bolt up. In fact I've got one of each on my truck right now (had one set of each, went to re-boot and found I had one usable one in either set), so I guess I'll know which is stronger if I manage to snap one.

Also, I'm buying CVs next time instead of rebooting. What a PITA that was.

I rebuilt/rebooted mine several years ago. After being driven through sand, dirt and some seriously deep mud, then being completely broken down, cleaned and boots replaced, they are remarkably quiet. Rebuilding them isnt that hard, the boots are fairly cheap and if you have good or even fair mechanical skills, just rebuild em and be done, you will be glad you did.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk