1. 1. Where should we meet March 2020?

• Arizona/SoCal
    • Washington/Oregon
    • Idaho
    • Colorado
    • Midwest
    • Moab

2 hours ago, mandersen8 said:

So has a place been decided to meet up on the west coast?

There’s been a lot for me to consider lately. I want to make a trip for my spring break, and as I noted earlier, I’m most likely gonna go from Iowa to Montana to see @micahfelker. That would happen from about March 8-10. Then I’d head from Montana to Washington to catch up with @02_Pathy and the PNW crew. 

The considerations:

1.Saving up $$ for gas. Doable, and shouldn’t be a problem

2. Minimizing wear on my car. 

3. The possibility of my golf team scheduling a golf trip over spring break (really hoping this doesn’t happen).

4. Space and housing. I’m not sure what that’s gonna look like (number of nights in Washington, what trails to hit and when, etc).

If I make it to Washington, it’s gonna take 2-2.5 days to get back to Iowa, which means I won’t be hitting any trails on the weekend (March 14), or I’ll miss a day of school in order to stay through Saturday. I don’t expect people to take time out of the middle of the week to come over to Washington, but if you can make it, then stay tuned for more updates from this thread. As January/February come and go, my planning will become more proactive and definite. I’ll hopefully have exact days and times of departures, as well as which members of the PNW crew will be joining us, and what trails we’re considering. I’m also keeping in mind the possibility of a March blizzard that prevents me from even making it to Washington. Wouldn’t that be neat.

It would be fun to meet somewhere in Eastern Washington/Oregon/Western Idaho, but then we don’t have anything of a home base or a trail guide in case of emergencies etc etc. I would also like to make see the pines 2 spines northern lab, so that’s another bonus of making it all the way to western Washington. 

So, for anyone reading this thread, sorry for the confusion I may have caused, and stay tuned for developing details as 2020 gets under way. The week that I am available for is March 8-14. If that falls through (dumb golf trip) my next bet would be a trip right after I finish school, which is the first week of May.

Thats how my road trip is beginning to shape up, and I’ll have the opportunity to meet a lot of you guys, as well as seeing some familiar faces. If other people have dates and times that are favorable, feel free to communicate those and begin conversations of other meetups. If you’re hoping to meet up with me, Micah, @02_Pathy, and  @jg1123, as well as much of the Oregon/Washington residents, there’s a good chance this is the plan we’ll be working towards.

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 3

If we know ahead of time, I imagine as many as possible would be happy to meet up but there are a couple logistical things to consider. Most work mid week, @02_Pathy &@stpickens are in PDX & @grizzlypath is on the Peninsula plus March is definitely snow season in Washington & trail options would be limited. Just as an FYI, June - September (in reverse order) are usually the best months to visit the PNW.

6 hours ago, RainGoat said:

If we know ahead of time, I imagine as many as possible would be happy to meet up but there are a couple logistical things to consider. Most work mid week, @02_Pathy &@stpickens are in PDX & @grizzlypath is on the Peninsula plus March is definitely snow season in Washington & trail options would be limited. Just as an FYI, June - September (in reverse order) are usually the best months to visit the PNW.

Thanks for the heads up! It is kind of a poor season to visit during, and I’ll have to keep looking into that. As spring break gets closer, hopefully I can flesh out the practicality of our plans with @micahfelker , @02_Pathy, and also @TowndawgR50, as those are the people I’ve been talking about this idea the most with. If it has to be a different location, or a different time, that’s the way it is. 

8 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

When he’s in town@micahfelker lives right near me & we’re both on Seattle’s Eastside with@TowndawgR50

I think Micah lives in Montana, I’m not sure who you meant to actually mention:D

Edited by PathyDude17

That's the week after my spring break, but if it were close enough I'd likely be able to come. There's a fair number of off-road parks scattered around.

funny enough, you’re one of the closest members to me that isn’t a part of the midwest. I have family up in Michigan, maybe we can work something out over the summer!
  • Like 1

funny enough, you’re one of the closest members to me that isn’t a part of the midwest. I have family up in Michigan, maybe we can work something out over the summer!

If anything opens up in the Michigan area, let me know! I’m in Ohio so that would be totally doable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:39 AM, RainGoat said:

As a former Kansan, I would consider Michigan a solid Midwestern State. What do you think@mjotrainbrain ?

I do consider Michigan midwestern, not sure what else I'd say it would be, but to be fair Michigan is pretty thoroughly isolated from everywhere else lol.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 11:08 AM, joshrichard said:

I'm sure something could be arranged!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2019 at 6:56 PM, PathyDude17 said:

I think Micah lives in Montana, I’m not sure who you meant to actually mention:D

On 11/8/2019 at 6:48 PM, RainGoat said:

When he’s in town@micahfelker lives right near me & we’re both on Seattle’s Eastside with@TowndawgR50

"When he's in town" hahaha nice one Tyler ? My parents are in Woodinville which is super close to Kent, Kyle, and Jake 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, micahfelker said:

"When he's in town" hahaha nice one Tyler ? My parents are in Woodinville which is super close to Kent, Kyle, and Jake 

Hey man was going over this thread. Saw that you guys are litterally 1 town from me I’m in Snohomish. If you guys ever wanna get together and wheeling just hit me up and we can meet up. I’m just now getting all the work done to my qx 4

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes. While this thread started with good intentions, getting people together all at the same time is difficult. I didn’t fully realize that when I first undertook this thread. I do in fact have to attend a golf trip during spring break, so I’m continuing to communicate and look at different times with various members of the PNW. Looking at coming up to washington in early May after I finish up the semester and head home

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Being Central PA I wont be able to make those. Have too many planned events this year that involve too much diesel to haul my rig around.

I do take a trip out to Indiana to ride Haspin Acres the 2nd week of June as part of two other groups. I will have the pathy then. Also planning on the Gambler 500 in west PA this year.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately due to some scheduling issues as well as this little pandemic issue going on this isn't going to happen. I'm going to unpin it, hopefully something can come together later in the year!

• Thanks 1