New Guy

Guest skorpion

Guest skorpion

Hello. I totaled my car in an accident on January 6 and I am now searching for a Pathfinder. Unless I can find a nice car with a V8 for under $1300, I'm going for a truck or SUV. Hopefully I can find a decent Pathfinder! They look like they're a lot of fun. I want a good condition 5-speed 4x4 but at this point in time I will accept pretty much any 4x4 Pathfinder under $1500. I live in Ohio and I'm 18 years old. I won't be walking for a few months due to my accident :( . I fractured my hip, acetabulum, and pelvis.

Guest skorpion

Thanks for the links. I'm a little wary of buying a vehicle off of eBay, though. I'll give AutoTrader a try. There are a lot of used (really USED) car lots near me, so hopefully one of them will have something once I can get out and start looking.

Good luck finding a Pathfinder for that price on a car lot. That limitation is one of the reasons I suggested eBay.

I have bought cars and sold some too on eBay. You have to be careful and look at the seller's feedback to know why kind of a seller you are dealing with, but if you are looking at a Pathfinder in that price range, you will have to take some chances anyway you look at it.

I bought a 99 grand caravan off ebay not too long ago. The key is to do a little research. Mine was being auctioned by a used car dealership. I found their direct website and found the van in their listed inventory for about 6K more than was currently bid. A quick carfax check and some other looking around, and I threw down a bid and ended up winning. Of course, it got interesting when I called home and asked my wife if she wanted to go see the van I had just bought on ebay. :)

You can get some good deals there. I bought a 94 540 V8 BMW on eBay a few years ago with 90k miles for about $5500 under book value. I even got a full 2 year warranty for another $1200 from the dealership that sold the car to me.

To get really good deals, you have to take some risks. Checking their feedback and possibly emailing a few of their past customers will help you find a seller that you can trust. Ask very direct questions like, "Are there ANY problems with this car?", etc...