Ford 3.0 Powerstroke

Strato_54

I know what you're thinking, yes this is a Nissan pathfinder forum and I'm talking a bout a powerstroke. But just wait. I'm a ford guy and always have been. I love the powerstrokes and know more about them then most people should. But just today i found out they didnt only have the 6.7L. They also make a 3.0 v6 for the F-150. Now the first thing i thought was holy crap how did i not know about this. then the next thing i thought was..... Would it fit in the R50 engine bay. From what i can see its not an enormous engine but its still out of an f150. I wanted to know if anyone knows anything on this engine and its size and if i could Frankenstein a pathy.

First I'd heard of that too! They're new enough that I'd expect the computer and the smog equipment to be a right pain to work with. I wasn't able to find any dimensions on the engine, but if you find one at an auction or even a dealer that doesn't mind you wasting their time, you could take a few measurements of your own.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TroyButler said:

Funny I had similar ideas since every scrap yard around me is littered with fords... maybe not a good sign though

granted if its a diesel people dont know how to take care of powerstrokes. but the rest are pretty much trash anyways lol

57 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

First I'd heard of that too! They're new enough that I'd expect the computer and the smog equipment to be a right pain to work with. I wasn't able to find any dimensions on the engine, but if you find one at an auction or even a dealer that doesn't mind you wasting their time, you could take a few measurements of your own.

im probably going to go down and look for one if i get the chance to. i dont know if this 3.0 has that anti smoke stuff on it because its such low power. but knowing ford and EPA or what ever it probably does. And if you just did a direct transfer of the exhaust sensors it should be fine i think. Might have to try it out here in the next year or 2 

Are you talking about that DEF stuff? It's pretty popular to delete that system on the 6.7, I'm sure it would be easier/cheaper to just do that (if a company has a solution for the 3.0 yet) and run a simple custom exhaust.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:09 PM, mjotrainbrain said:

Are you talking about that DEF stuff? It's pretty popular to delete that system on the 6.7, I'm sure it would be easier/cheaper to just do that (if a company has a solution for the 3.0 yet) and run a simple custom exhaust.

yeah probably. and im not sure what its call honestly, im a bullet proof 6.0 and 7.3 guy so i couldnt tell you. i like the 6.7 but that exhaust crap is just annoying lol