Front Brake Pads

jtchal

Hey dudes & dudettes

My front brake pads are getting rather worn and I'm starting to look into some replacement ones. We don't have much in terms of selection in NZ...

I'm looking at the options on Rockauto as I was thinking about buying some sway bar links at the same time.

Does anyone have experience with the Raybestos Element3 Hybrid pads? They seem quite cheap for 'premium' replacements.

Otherwise I'm keen to hear what your go-to pads are.

Powerstop Z36 HD pads. I tow a large trailer and go off road recreationally.  They are fantastic pads that have a lot of bite and have worn well. Not much brake dust at all and dont off-gas much when they get a workout like lots of pads will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TowndawgR50 said:

Powerstop Z36 HD pads. I tow a large trailer and go off road recreationally.  They are fantastic pads that have a lot of bite and have worn well. Not much brake dust at all and dont off-gas much when they get a workout like lots of pads will. 

I have those same pads with the slotted/drilled rotors and they seem way too metallic. It may be because they work better once they are warmed up. I like the z23 pads on the wife's forester.

13 hours ago, Astrorami said:

I have those same pads with the slotted/drilled rotors and they seem way too metallic. It may be because they work better once they are warmed up. I like the z23 pads on the wife's forester.

Thats interesting. I never have to warm them up to grab. Did you break them in?

I have the same setup. From rockauto? While I wont get slotted and drilled rotors again because they trap debris when off road they have performed great for me when towing and traversing steep descents. Paid for themselves after the first emergency stop with our trailer. 

Sweet, sounds like we can't really go wrong then...
I ended up purchasing a couple of different Raybestos sets, one for the better half and the other for myself!
Cheers for the input guys!