Stock air intake on 2003

Just finished installing a bumper on my 03 pathfinder and part of the air intake system hangs down really low. What do people normally do with this guy?

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

janJiVx.jpg

Edited by scottander

OK thanks, not sure I like any of those options :) but might look at making some kind of cover if there are no better options, is it the same piece for all r50's?

When I left mine exposed I got an intake full of water rather easily. I'd suggest ditching it, plugging up the hole in the bottom of the airbox, and putting a new hole (covered with mesh) on the top of the airbox. Should be nice and safe from water intrusion that way without having to buy an expensive snorkel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjotrainbrain said:

When I left mine exposed I got an intake full of water rather easily. I'd suggest ditching it, plugging up the hole in the bottom of the airbox, and putting a new hole (covered with mesh) on the top of the airbox. Should be nice and safe from water intrusion that way without having to buy an expensive snorkel.

I would go this route too. And yes....all r50s have that piece 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, joshrichard said:

What about the sensor that hooks up to the whole thing? Is that going to throw any codes?

Good point, forgot to mention that. The part you remove for my solution is where that sensor is normally mounted. I drilled a new hole in the side of the airbox for the sensor. Never had a code issue.

• Like 1