Need help with coolant burp 01 Pathfinder

PrecisionX

The other day I noticed a coolant drip from under my vehicle at idle and when I got it home I noticed that the upper radiator hose was spitting out coolant. I did not overheat but I ordered a new upper Radiator hose and clamps which seems like a pretty straightforward job however I have never bled a cooling system before and can’t find any good videos on it either so I was hoping someone could help me out and give me a step-by-step how to so that I can keep my 216,000 mile Pathfinder alive! Thank you

Park on a steep incline. Open radiator cap. Remove rubber cap on coolant bleeder nipple on back of motor. Turn engine on. Pour coolant into rad until it flows out if bleeder nipple. Cap nipple. Continue to add coolant until full. Put cap back on. Drive for awhile. Let cool down. Check level. Add more if needed 

Every time I’ve burped the cooling system I still have to watch the reservoir for some time afterward. I’ve heard it takes hours to burp the system, revving the engine and squeezing the hose the whole time.

I had to drain the radiator about 6 months ago and it’s probably been just a couple months since the level in the reservoir stopped dropping by the end of each week.

Where is the bleeder nipple and is the incline supposed to be engine at highest point or lowest point? I have ramps I can drive up on.

currently the original upper his is leaking, I’m just replacing the upper hose

what does the heat and fan blower need to be set on and how do I know when it’s done? 

Engine should be at the highest point. The bleeder nipple is at the back of the motor near the firewall sticking up behind the intake plenum. It has a rubber cap on it. Heater fan should be blowing on hot/high 

• Like 1