Sensor issues with '97 computer in a '96

Forsaken

A while back I swapped my engine and 5 speed into a 96 body due to mine being rusted out. I have been driving it for a while, and I just had to tear the intake manifold off to replace injectors, knock sensor, and driver side valve cover gasket (the last two I have been putting off for atleast 8 years)?.

Yes, I know some of these codes need to be addressed, but I'm interested in solutions to the fuel temperature sensor, baraoetric pressure, and Evap control stuff.

Its running better than ever now, and the rough idle I was dealing with for a while is 100% cleared up. However, I noticed that the 96 doesn't have a few sensors that the 97 had. (see ECU pinout below)

I don't live in an area where I HAVE to get the sensors fixed, but I would still like to clear up the check engine light incase I move in the future, as the counties around me aren't quite as lax on emissions. Any suggestions? 300,000 miles, and I plan to get atleast another 50k out of it :)

If the wiring harness has the leads for the sensors, Ill just pull them off of my rusty pathy, but if not I guess I'm going to have to get some resistors and 'fix' it... Just wondering if anyone here has experience with such things before I jump in.

Here is the 97 pinout:

2njev07.jpg

Here's the 96 pinout:

35a7x95.jpg

988wgo.jpg

2iafncw.jpg

Edited by Forsaken

That's a valid point, but I wouldn't know where to get one, atleast not without paying a hefty price for it... I guess Ill keep an eye on my local scrap yard and see what comes through. I've missed the chance to get one already that I know of  :/

12 hours ago, Forsaken said:

That's a valid point, but I wouldn't know where to get one, atleast not without paying a hefty price for it... I guess Ill keep an eye on my local scrap yard and see what comes through. I've missed the chance to get one already that I know of  :/

A quick eBay search reveals one, but you could probably do a bit of digging searching for ecu vs ecm and come up with more.