Hello from SOCAL

Hello everyone. I just picked up this 98 Pathfinder SE 5speed 4x4. Looking to do some minor mods for offroading. In the middle of rebuilding the suspension components, lifting it 2in and a manual hub. Next will be the wheels. I havent decided to get aftermarket or stick with the stock. Suggestion?

50jh4x.jpg

Edited by Pres_press
  • Like 1

:welcome:

If you're planning to change your wheels, then now is a great time to consider your plans for the vehicle as far as tire size. If you want a tire larger than 31", you'll either need to use wheel spacers or get wheels with shallower backspacing. By planning accordingly now, you can avoid having to use wheel spacers later. The general consensus is you need 3.75" of backspacing to clear larger tires.  With yours being a 98 you'll have no issues clearing 15" wheels too, which is a common and cheap size to meet those backspacing requirements.

Rig looks clean, good luck on the build!

• Like 2

Hello everyone. I just picked up this 98 Pathfinder SE 5speed 4x4. Looking to do some minor mods for offroading. In the middle of rebuilding the suspension components, lifting it 2in and a manual hub. Next will be the wheels. I havent decided to get aftermarket or stick with the stock. Suggestion?

50jh4x.jpg

I went with 31 x 10.5” tires on my 97 XE. Got aftermarket wheels (Trailmaster) to accommodate the width safely, but wish my OEM wheels would have worked (SE and LE had 7” width, while mine were 6.5”). Even with hub rings I still have some vibration in the steering wheel, which is fine but a bit annoying on long road trips. If you aren’t planning on going bigger than that, might be good to stick with OEM if it fits your tires safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50jh4x.jpg

And, welcome! Also in SoCal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...