Sign in to follow this  
onespiritbrain

What broke on your Pathfinder today?

Well now we have the whole dashboard light and the air control lights that won’t go on when the headlights go on. Assuming it is a fuse somewhere jus not sure which/where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now we have the whole dashboard light and the air control lights that won’t go on when the headlights go on. Assuming it is a fuse somewhere just not sure which/where.

Just pull them all & look. It should be inside. These are your fuse boxes:
6225415754f36882b62de600b63792cf.jpg7985c226fd28264aaf988c536227a84d.jpgaac1877b5126afe0f86bf102139e3181.jpg5a67224ef05ec791eac84b36f9243c32.jpg
BTW, they make fuses that glow when blown. A little expensive but can be handy. I replaced all of them in my Mom’s truck with glow fuses after having to pull ALL of her fuses twice to find the blown fuse.

First off, check the dimmer control. There are many times I had complaints that the dash lights aren't working that I "fixed" by turning the illumination dial up because it had been dialed down to minimum somehow. 

If the exterior marker lights (also called park lights) are working, then it is not a fuse problem. if they are working and if turning up the illumination doesn't fix the problem, then the dimmer unit has likely failed or got unplugged somehow. 

As for finding a blown fuse, I find it easiest to use a cordless test light (they are pretty cheap these days) and touch the tip to the test points on the top of the fuse (the little square holes on each end) and if you have power on one side and not the other, the fuse is bad. Couple seconds per fuse, can usually get through the entire fuse block in less than a minute. The test light takes up very little space in the glove box and is very handy when working on DC circuits. 

Those are both excellent recommendations. I’d forgotten about the dimmer. We accidentally fried one of mine back in ‘04 & my replacement is a little touchy. You can bypass it to see if that fixes the problem.

• Like 1

And Mr_Reverse you are the winner!!!!!
That damn brightness control musta been bumped by my knee somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, some of them get fidgety at the lower settings. My original didn’t, my replacement does

Hey all,

Got some fan/belt whining after driving through a couple deep puddles 2 weeks ago - since then the compressor belt blew out completely and I'm working on figuring out how to replace all the belts since they are all pretty worn. Idler pulley bearings are shot so that's gonna get replaced. 

More troubling is the strange clunking I'm getting now when I slow down to a stop; it feels like gears slipping, and stops when I put it into Neutral (Automatic). Doesn't seem to matter whether or not its in 4x4 or not. Worried it's going to hit the dirt any minute now! 

Edited by mrshine