Proper Nerf Bars?

Was wondering if anyone had any affordable solutions to proper nerf bars. The side steps on my QX4 have rotted out and are just left with the plastic. While I do get a lot of people rip them off i use them very frequently when loading and unloading my kayaks and would prefer the more aggressive look.

I had Westin steps on my QX4 and they were reasonably beefy and looked good. No rock sliders by any means, but they were a very effective step, as my stock ones also rusted out. Didn't buy from here, but this is them:

https://realtruck.com/p/westin-e-series-3-black-nerf-bars/v/infiniti/qx4/2002/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

I had Westin steps on my QX4 and they were reasonably beefy and looked good. No rock sliders by any means, but they were a very effective step, as my stock ones also rusted out. Didn't buy from here, but this is them:

https://realtruck.com/p/westin-e-series-3-black-nerf-bars/v/infiniti/qx4/2002/

In the re-fresh between the 97 and later years theres no body change that would affect the fitment of these correct?

7 minutes ago, TroyButler said:

In the re-fresh between the 97 and later years theres no body change that would affect the fitment of these correct?

I don't believe so, but don't know for sure.  If I remember correctly they bolted to fairly substantial parts of the bottom of the body that should be common across all R50's.

1 hour ago, TroyButler said:

Facelift step bars are not compatible with pre facelift. They have different mounts

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mjotrainbrain said:

I stand corrected, @PathyDude17 is absolutely correct.

I’ve been through some JY’s and talked with @micahfelker about it.

1 minute ago, TroyButler said:

so any recommendations for pre-face lift?

I’m sure you can find some online for order, they should be able to check fitment (Amazon, Carid, etc). If you want oem check eBay, or hit up someone who frequents a junkyard (like me haha).