My adventure to Knoxville, TN Pull a Part

Mrelcocko

The trip yielded some important R50 items I needed. A set of factory VDO Oil, Volt and Oil Temp gauges out of a Volkswagen Cabriolet convertible 89 model. Probably going to refurbish them and put them in my 97 Q. Also got the passenger side Pathy front right trim that connects to the bumper and the covers for the rear gate hinges#97jlr50 #infinitinorthamerica #r50speedoandtach #r50obsessed

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, big haul! Here I was feeling accomplished that I stripped heated seat wiring out of a junkyard this weekend haha, can't wait to see how you put those gauges to use.
Lol!! Anytime I come across old gauges like this I getem. Last year I got a tach and quartz clock from a 85 Nissan PU and didnt have any use for either of them so I put them on ebay. Bro before i logged off a guy in California bought both. I paid if i remember right around 20$ from Pull-A-Part and sold them for 120$. Not a bad turnaround. still debating on putting at least volt/oil gauge in the Q where i just put a new set of boschs in it, or getting rid of my double din in the Pathy and slapping them in there.

Nice haul brother!

Your attention to detail is awesome. It has in part inspired me to do a little detailing of my own!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Heck yea man. I appreciate that. Ive been this way my entire life. If either of the R50's get the least littlest dirt on them it bothers me to the point that i literally think about it till i clean it. Lol sad huh?

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2019 at 4:51 AM, Mrelcocko said:

Heck yea man. I appreciate that. Ive been this way my entire life. If either of the R50's get the least littlest dirt on them it bothers me to the point that i literally think about it till i clean it. Lol sad huh?

You'd probably have an aneurysm if you saw mine right now! I did just clean the inside of the windshield though, cause I couldn't see anything on my way to work, in the morning sun! LMAO

• Like 1

A pic and pull is a toy store for me and my good friend. We venture to the p&p in Anthony, TX and one in Tucson, AZ my wife and I and he and his wife spend our winters in SW New Mexico. But my residence is in Montana NW. Few to visiting this country. 

Seems the p&p in the SW have undiscovered gold...or steel and plastic. ?

• Like 2