Lifting r50

Luke

Hi r50 world I have installed 2.5 inch front spacers and 3 inch back spacers on my Infiniti qx4 2000 r50 and since I've done that all I want is more. I barely fit 275/70/r16 M/T so it doesn't really look like I have a lift or feel like it when I'm off roading and the tires rub. Been looking for more but cant find any kits that body lift so that my CV axles aren't at such an angle wich they already are. I really want a total of 6 inches and 33's but I dont know what i have to fabricate or buy to get there can anybody help me or send links to me or just tell me what i can fab myself because i have a massive metal working fabrication shop that I can pretty much fab anything with. 

The only way to get more lift on an R50 front end is a subframe drop (SFD).  A few people have made kits in the past, and a couple guys on here are working on a better version. It's simple in theory (spacing down the subframe and the strut tops), but it looks like getting the angles right so you can align it afterwards is a bit tricky.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi r50 world I have installed 2.5 inch front spacers and 3 inch back spacers on my Infiniti qx4 2000 r50 and since I've done that all I want is more. I barely fit 275/70/r16 M/T so it doesn't really look like I have a lift or feel like it when I'm off roading and the tires rub. Been looking for more but cant find any kits that body lift so that my CV axles aren't at such an angle wich they already are. I really want a total of 6 inches and 33's but I dont know what i have to fabricate or buy to get there can anybody help me or send links to me or just tell me what i can fab myself because i have a massive metal working fabrication shop that I can pretty much fab anything with. 

Tub the firewalls and throw on 33’s. Your suspension lift is maxed out.

I guess it’s all about what you want. Some of the Toyota guys I know avoid body lifts as much as they can and just cut cut cut. Throw in a diff drop and cut some more. I think they’re trying to keep their centers of gravity as low as possible, they’re mostly worried about suspension clearance and then let their armor take care of their body clearance issues. But if it’s about nailing down the correct look than ya you’re gonna have to throw on an SFD. SFD equipped pathfinders are the best looking rigs around

• Like 1