4.7 magnum swap

CoLe_96

What is your current skill set? Do you have fabrication experience and automotive electrical experience? Swapping any drivetrain other than the nissan oe components takes the skill of somewhere between a weekend warriors and a mad scientist. Nah, not really, best thing to do is research. Research on nissans, toyota and any other cross platform swap.
I've been researching for literally years and devising a plan of attack for when I finally get an opportunity to start major surgery. The first thing you will absolutely have to do is a solid axle swap or SAS for the front running gear to free up space.
NPORA is hands down the best place to try and figure out all you will need to get the job done.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

The WD21 engine bay is pretty short. Measure from the firewall to the rad, compare to the length of the engine. That's talked me out of any V8 candidate I've looked at. V8Path put an LT1 in his and the front of the engine was so close to the radiator that he had to mount the fans in front of the rad. I think he got away with keeping the IFS, been a while since I saw his pictures though. I've seen LS-swapped D21 trucks, but they're 2WD, and they either hack up the rad support or relocate the rad into the bed. If you can make it fit, then you'd need to figure out an adapter between the 4.7 and the stock trans. I doubt it exists currently, but you could probably get one made. Or you could run the Dodge trans/transfer, but then you'd have to modify your driveshafts. Then you've got the fun of wiring it all up, and getting the Dodge ECU to work without all of the other crap it was tied into on the donor.