Manual Unlock Not Properly Working

A.Sans

Hi, my car has a security system that flashes the hazard lights and sets off the horn intermittently whenever something is wrong (like vibration or unlocking a door from the inside).  My key fob has an unlock button that unlocks the doors and deactivates the alarm when pressed.  However, whenever I try to use manual unlock (key/keyhole), the alarm sets off when I open the door. Manual lock works and engages the alarm, but neither the driver side keyhole nor the back hatch keyhole disengages the alarm.  Manual unlock still unlocks the doors, but I was wondering if any of you know a way to work-around or fix this?? Thank you

Hi, my car has a security system that flashes the hazard lights and sets off the horn intermittently whenever something is wrong (like vibration or unlocking a door from the inside).  My key fob has an unlock button that unlocks the doors and deactivates the alarm when pressed.  However, whenever I try to use manual unlock (key/keyhole), the alarm sets off when I open the door. Manual lock works and engages the alarm, but neither the driver side keyhole nor the back hatch keyhole disengages the alarm.  Manual unlock still unlocks the doors, but I was wondering if any of you know a way to work-around or fix this?? Thank you
This sounds like an aftermarket alarm because the factory ones didn't have vibration sensors.

Did unlocking manually ever shut off the alarm? I'd be surprised if it did. The problem is it can't tell the difference between that and someone opening the door from inside. It has no key hole sensor.

I'd try to find the siren unit, get the model number and look up the manual online to see what my options were.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, colinnwn said:

This sounds like an aftermarket alarm because the factory ones didn't have vibration sensors.

Did unlocking manually ever shut off the alarm? I'd be surprised if it did. The problem is it can't tell the difference between that and someone opening the door from inside. It has no key hole sensor.

I'd try to find the siren unit, get the model number and look up the manual online to see what my options were.

No, manual unlock doesn't deactivate the alarm.