01 Initial Start DTC

Had the 01 Initial Start A/T code today when I was figuring out my new OBD scanner. Anyone know what this means? There is pretty vague information on google but it sounds like a electrical issue. Any suggestions? 

Update: I found some info in a Maxima Forum. It sounds like the code is due to the A/T control unit not getting enough voltage. I replaced my battery yesterday just cause I needed a new one, we’ll see if that does anything but I doubt it. On another note, I saw this plug going into my transmission and it is near where my rear main seal is about to go out. I was hoping you guys could tell me what that plug is for and maybe if it could have something to do with the control unit. Thank you.c1b5665a91724174cf158269752d4cc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, JackFletcher said:

Update: I found some info in a Maxima Forum. It sounds like the code is due to the A/T control unit not getting enough voltage. I replaced my battery yesterday just cause I needed a new one, we’ll see if that does anything but I doubt it. On another note, I saw this plug going into my transmission and it is near where my rear main seal is about to go out. I was hoping you guys could tell me what that plug is for and maybe if it could have something to do with the control unit. Thank you.c1b5665a91724174cf158269752d4cc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the crankshaft position sensor. It shouldn’t have anything to do with the code your describing. Having low battery voltage can throw all kinds of strange codes so that really could have been the issue. 

• Like 1