Stalled Right After Start

SCJax2018

Went to a mall about twenty miles away. Got there and was in the mall about twenty or so minutes and came back out and the engine started right up like always and then stalled and would not start back up, I tried for at least two minutes. Popped the hood to make sure nothing came loose and didn't see anything. Closed the hood got back in and tried again and it started up, but ran rough as heck for about a minute and then suddenly leveled out and ran just like it always does. I made a couple stops back home and she started right back up, so I'm at a loss here on this one. Nothing felt loose when I checked under the hood. The whole distributor is brand new, I doubt it has a thousand miles on it yet, so it shouldn't be an ignition problem. Changed the fuel filter when I first got the vehicle. I'm not sure what else to check.

• 4 months later...

It did it again a few days later but that time I found the issue. The plug going to the distributor was loose on the distributor because the holding clip is broke off somehow. I put a couple wraps of high voltage tape around the connection for now and so far it hasn't done it again.

• Like 1