Loose Center Console

Hey everyone! My center console has some shimmy in it at the slightest lean. I found that the retainers that the console screws into are loose and the metal is a little bet outta shape. Anybody have a part number for those pieces that keep the console tight? They go just underneath the center console box with the lid. I'm sure many other experience this.

The console in my '95 always wiggled and rattled. Also the latch was broken, so the lid would pop open at random while I was driving, which was fun. IIRC I beat the sheet metal around the plastic inserts flat again and replaced them with spares left over from replacing my front corner lights (different clips but I think they fit), but I don't remember it fixing the problem. Maybe it worked for a day or so until I elbowed it by accident and it loosened up again. If you can get to the mounting holes from underneath (they go through the floor) without too much trouble, I'd be inclined to just use nuts and bolts with washers as big as you can get away with to spread the load. The center console was not one of Nissan's better designs.

I junked the console in my '93 and built one from scrap metal and an ammo can. No rattles, real cupholders, no stupid plastic clips.