R50 complete rebuilt + new engine

Mxa993

Hello all,

I've just managed to locate and buy back my 2001 3.3L Pathfinder R50 SE which was my first car many many years ago.

The reason I bought it back is because it has a big sentimental value but for many reasons I was forced to sell it a few years back. But here we are, about 10 years later, different circumstances with this new crazy project.

I'm planning to completely strip the car down, from engine to transmission, suspension etc. and build it back from scratch to make it a much better/more powerful car. My priority is performance and comfort rather than offroad (even though it should still be able to hit a dirt road or be driveable under light snow). Basically the pathfinder version of an SRT8

First choice is to find what engine fits and/or is recommended, and this is where I'd appreciate your advice. I'm not sure if something like this has been done before?

My restriction: absolutely non-turbo engine. Must be NA. I'm aware i might have to do some alteration to the engine bay, that's fine with me. Budget is not an issue here (Ok maybe not 100k but still decent budget)

Any other similar crazy project/engine + transmission suggestions here?

• Like 3