Tail Light Wiring

Take your tail light out removing the 2 -10 mm bolts that hold it in place. Unscrew your bulb sockets from the lens leaving only the wiring harness visible you will see the wiring harness go in to the body through a grommet. Pull on The Grommet removing it and you will see a connection for the tail light wiring harness. I've included a picture of what the tail light wiring harness should look like it might be the same or it could be just a little different than yours depending on the year but it's pretty much the same I would then just wire in from there then plug the harness back in place. Your wiring will have three bulb sockets the harness in the picture is from a QX4 2001 and newer model. Hope this helpsbfd7aefb94b7d3bf636a28dd04c32b61.jpg

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

I found the harness feed to the drivers side. I'm trying to hook up a trailer plug without having to run a wire all the way to the passenger side. I'm right at the main harness splits off in back at a computer looking thing, three relays, a box about 3 inches square and sends wires everywhere. Like I said, I found the wires going to the drivers side tail light assembly, but which ones in this zoo feeds the passenger side? I downloaded the wiring diagram for the 96 Pathfinder, but it is about as helpful as a high wind at a barn fire.

I don't think any of the wires you've found on those boxes/relays on the driver's side feed the passenger tail lamp/turn signal. I could be mistaken, however. If you are looking for a definitive answer, you can use a multimeter or test light to see which connector or wire gets +12v when you activate the right turn signal.

• Like 1

Had a look at the service manual and it doesn't look like you're gonna find both turn signal wires in one place unless you go all the way up to the dash. The wires to the rear turn signals separate into the left and right body harnesses and run separately to the tail lights. Some vehicles have everything together in one convenient harness, but this ain't one of them.

Just run a wire under the trim at the back of the cargo area.

• Like 1

Thank you all. Yeah I ended up having to run a wire from the converter across to the passenger side. The passenger side is feed by another smaller harness that runs down the passenger side. The three plugs I snapped the picture of, one goes to the rear dome light, the other goes to the center tail light assembly, and the last I assume goes to the rear hatch lock.