Fuel Pump Relay for Kill Switchb

Alright, so I’ve committed myself to installing a fuel kill switch on the ‘99.5 Pathy due to a recent trend in the theft of older cars in my area. I have everything I need for the job, and I have the breaker switch installed and some leader wires in place. However I can’t seem to find the relay for the fuel pump. Anybody know where that may be? I’ve checked and tested all sorts of relays in the fuse panel behind the coin tray, but none of them seem to operate the fuel pump. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my 2001 it's in a box above the driver's wheel well inside the engine bay, and it's clearly labeled on the cover.

I've tapped into it to control my electric radiator fan and trailer power lines.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In my 2001 it's in a box above the driver's wheel well inside the engine bay, and it's clearly labeled on the cover.

I've tapped into it to control my electric radiator fan and trailer power lines.

Hmm, I have a fuse box in the passenger side of my engine bay, but I wouldn’t think the relay would be integrated into the fuse, at least not in ‘99.

I've never seen a relay and fuse integrated in a Nissan or any other OEM vehicle. But they can be in the same larger wiring box.

Does the box have labels on top? Have you opened it up? Here in a sec I'll take a pic.

• Like 1

I've never seen a relay and fuse integrated in a Nissan or any other OEM vehicle. But they can be in the same larger wiring box.

Does the box have labels on top? Have you opened it up? Here in a sec I'll take a pic.

It is labeled, and there is a fuel pump fuse. Maybe that’s a relay that’s just located in the fuse box and I’m just ignorant? Lol.

Pic?

A fuse for a fuel pump will be like this, about a 1/4 inch by 3/4 by 3/4.

A relay will be about as big as your thumb. 37403fe8307f495deed65d407533d13e.jpg

EL-245 of the '97 manual (you've got the VG33, right? I always forget the cutoff for that) shows the fuel pump relay in the fuse box by the passenger's strut tower in the engine bay. There are three relays, a fuse link, and some blade fuses in there. The fuel pump relay is the closest one to the stud for what I assume is the battery terminal. (I also had a look at the '03 for the hell of it, and apparently Nissan moved it way back by the driver's tail light on those.)

If that's not it, pull up the EL section of the correct manual on Nico, scroll way down to the "electrical units location" section, and that should show where they've hidden it on yours.

• Like 1

EL-245 of the '97 manual (you've got the VG33, right? I always forget the cutoff for that) shows the fuel pump relay in the fuse box by the passenger's strut tower in the engine bay. There are three relays, a fuse link, and some blade fuses in there. The fuel pump relay is the closest one to the stud for what I assume is the battery terminal. (I also had a look at the '03 for the hell of it, and apparently Nissan moved it way back by the driver's tail light on those.)

If that's not it, pull up the EL section of the correct manual on Nico, scroll way down to the "electrical units location" section, and that should show where they've hidden it on yours.

Thanks! I do have the VG33E, I think the cutoff was ‘01 but not positive. It is in fact there on the passenger’s side strut tower. I just had a brainfart a couple days ago lol. Thanks again!

• Like 1