Speakers fitment and specs

Jax99

So as everyone knows, the journey of upgrades never stops and I’m now in the market for replacing the speakers and assuming I’ll need to change the amp as well.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the factory speakers ? I know they’re 6.5” but not sure about the depth.

Also if anyone has done a swamp can you steer me in some good speakers and a amp? I’m currently thinking about doing some 6.5” focals and a 5-6 channel amp. Not sure what i can do with the mini speakers on the a-pillars (not even sure what those are called)

Nothings wrong with my current factory system i just want an upgrade.

Thanks, Jax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Jax99 said:

So as everyone knows, the journey of upgrades never stops and I’m now in the market for replacing the speakers and assuming I’ll need to change the amp as well.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the factory speakers ? I know they’re 6.5” but not sure about the depth.

Also if anyone has done a swamp can you steer me in some good speakers and a amp? I’m currently thinking about doing some 6.5” focals and a 5-6 channel amp. Not sure what i can do with the mini speakers on the a-pillars (not even sure what those are called)

Nothings wrong with my current factory system i just want an upgrade.

Thanks, Jax

Good choice, this was my first upgrade. For fitment specs, crutchfield.com will be able to give you a list of all the speakers that fit in your car.

I do not run an aftermarket amp, just aftermarket stereo. I bypassed the factory amps that come with the bose system. I have a set of rockford fosgate component speakers for my front doors and the tweeters on the pillars.

The door and tweeter are connected with a crossover, etc etc. It sounds pretty good imo, although an amp would maybe get the most out of my system. Either way, I'm fine as is- its way better than stock.

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

Good choice, this was my first upgrade. For fitment specs, crutchfield.com will be able to give you a list of all the speakers that fit in your car.
I do not run an aftermarket amp, just aftermarket stereo. I bypassed the factory amps that come with the bose system. I have a set of rockford fosgate component speakers for my front doors and the tweeters on the pillars.
 The door and tweeter are connected with a crossover, etc etc. It sounds pretty good imo, although an amp would maybe get the most out of my system. Either way, I'm fine as is- its way better than stock.

How’s the ride quality though? My only concern was having the car rattle from having more power in my sound system

10 hours ago, Jax99 said:

How’s the ride quality though? My only concern was having the car rattle from having more power in my sound system

Fine in terms of rattling the doors or pillars. only problems I’ve had was with rattle in the oem speaker mounts on the rear doors. Now, that being said, i run two twelve inch subwoofers in a portedd box in the back. That rattles the car at certain volumes, but I don’t think the door speakers or the tweeters have added any rattles. I turn up the volume to full blast and there’s no distortion or rattling. If they do somehow rattle just add a little sound deadening, wether it be cut up cloth in the speaker mount (my rear door lol), or something nice like dynamat

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

They're called tweeters. I run all Polk Audio dB651's in my door speakers and whatever the matching series tweeters are in the A pillars. They make both a shallow mount one and a regular one and the regular ones fit fit, so I don' think depth is an issue. The only thing about replacing the tweeters is that literally nothing is going to fit in the original bracket, and some (like mine) are thick enough that they make the speaker grill thing bulge out a bit when you snap them back on

• Like 1

I love the polks though, I run them in both my home theater system at home and in my car and they are absolutely outstanding when it comes to sound quality. I don't personally run an amp, so it isn't crazy loud but the clear crisp quality is there and it's good enough for me.

• Like 1