R50 Rear control arm bolt dimensions

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. 

My name is Rhys I'm originally from the UK though I now live in Vancouver, BC Canada and very recently bought myself a 96 pathfinder to do some exploring of the PNW! 

I'm hoping one of you guys or girls might be able to help me out!?

I'm looking to replace my upper and lower rear control arms. I haven't got the "death wobble" though there is a great deal of play in both, so figured why not replace them when I replace my shocks etc. My question is bolt dimensions. I've been searching around online and in this and the NICO forum though I'm struggling to find a new set of bolts and nuts for less that 100+ CAD including shipping. I'm wondering whether any of you might know the spec of the bolts or an alternative?

I've contacted my local nissan dealer they quoted me $96 which to me sounds like kind of insane! I totally understand that the bolts need to be of a certain rating, I'm not about to go and put some home depot bolt in there haha!

Thanks in advance,

Rhys

No idea what grade the bolts need to be, but I've had some luck finding fasteners through McMaster-Carr (by dimensions, thread pitch, etc rather than by application). Might give that a whack if you can't find a kit.

:welcome:

Hey @RhysPathfinder, OE bolts are M14 x 1.5 x 85mm Class 10.9 flange bolts, though I’ll have to double check that length (the bolt is longer than the usable thread).  The thread is a metric-fine. Similar substitutes would be an M14 x 2 (metric-coarse), or 9/16”-18 (fine) or 9/16”-12 (coarse) x 3.5” Grade 8. You’ll struggle to find alternatives as flange bolts, though, so plan on hex bolts and washers if you go this route, and you’d likely need to jump to 90mm or 4”. OE nuts are PTLN; you’ll need some sort of locking equivalent. 

I recommend checking boltdepot.com.  Great prices and I think they’d use the flat-rate boxes to CAN ($45?). McMaster’s selection pretty limited, especially in regards to metric/zinc fasteners, and you won’t know actual shipping costs until it’s shipped unless you request a quote. 

• Like 4

Thanks for your help guys,  I think I've managed to track them down on the fastenal.com site with those dimensions you provided @hawairish. I checked boltdepot though they dont ship to Canada and McMaster-Carr have the bolts though they are alittle to short! 

Thanks again!