A/C line questions

msavides

I have been trying to find the Air conditioning line that goes from the heater box to the Receiver/Dryer.

I have not been able to find a trace of it anywhere on the webs

I am coming to the conclusion that I am going to have to have one custom built.  If I do I want it made out of rubber A/C hose.  I believe they call this a liquid line.   

I have found a few places that will custom build one online, however I am having a hard time identifying the type and size of the connectors on the ends. I believe they call it a swivel type end and it is female.  It has a spot on it to put an o-ring on it. 

I am not sure it there are standard threads  for A/c or it they have metric or Standard threads. 

I can post some pictures of the ends. From my testing I know that both ends are the same Female swivel, but not sure on the size or thread. I have tried looking up the receiver/dryer specs to try and get some clues on the size and thread, but not having much luck.  

My other thought was to take the line into a automotive shop that works on A/C lines to see if they can make me one, Just not sure if there are any placed around here that do that kind of work. 

Any input or similar experiences would be extreamly  helpful. 

Thanks

1wvbwnL.jpg

SRe8Wdk.jpg

Edited by msavides

Factorynissanparts shows it as PN 92440-01G80 (discontinued of course). Looks like it's available here and here.

It looks like a very simple flare, so if those sources fall through, I'd expect an aircon shop to be able to fab one up without too much hassle. Shouldn't take long with a thread pitch gauge and calipers to work out what thread those are, though honestly those nuts look good enough to reuse.

took line to a local Auto repair shop.  they made me one on the spot. charged me $59.  took it home hooked it up and put the vacuum on the system. been holding at -25 for about 2 hours. I think I am good to put the freon in now.

Edited by msavides

1. corrosion - the line runs right next to the battery.

2. In my case it was light front end damage plus some corrosion, the grill pushed into the  receiver/dryer and it pushed back enough to bend the line, also took out the passenger head light.

the corrosion kept me from being able to braze the crack shut,  all i managed to do was erode the aluminum even more.  after messing with it for half the day, I gave up. 

I cut it because I was going to use a splice kit, I am glad I didn't case the splice kit would have costed about the same as the entire new line and I may still have had some cracks in the aluminum line.  and the line was not entirely round so I was not sure the splice fitting would seal around a out of round line.

Edited by msavides