07 pathfinder off road suggestions

Kruppanier814

Hello all!

I’m new to the forum and this is my first post. I actually live in Smyrna TN where most your trucks were built, and worked in the Nissan plant here for 6 months. I can answer any questions about the factory you’d like!

Anyway, I have an 07 pathfinder SE 2WD and am looking to make it more capable. It seems like a 4wd conversion is out of the question. I’d like advice on that if anyone has tried it.

id like to get an off road bumper/rear bumper/fender guards/ skid plate. Any recommendations or advice would be great!

Id also like advice on a suspension kit and tires. 

Thanks for reading my post!

5 minutes ago, Kruppanier814 said:

Hello all!

I’m new to the forum and this is my first post. I actually live in Smyrna TN where most your trucks were built, and worked in the Nissan plant here for 6 months. I can answer any questions about the factory you’d like!

Anyway, I have an 07 pathfinder SE 2WD and am looking to make it more capable. It seems like a 4wd conversion is out of the question. I’d like advice on that if anyone has tried it.

id like to get an off road bumper/rear bumper/fender guards/ skid plate. Any recommendations or advice would be great!

Id also like advice on a suspension kit and tires. 

Thanks for reading my post!

Between it being 2WD and having fully independent suspension, I’d give up now and find something else. A decent R50 is in the 3-7k range. Seems like throwing off-road gear in a 2WD with minivan suspension would be a poor investment

• Like 2

Fleurys makes a lift kit for the R51. Not sure if the 2wd suspension is different enough that it wouldn't fit, or what would it would take to 4x swap it. About the only thing I know about the R51 is that you want to bypass the trans cooler in the rad ASAP because they fail and dump coolant into the transmission (search for SMOD, strawberry milkshake of death, if you're not familiar with this already). A 2WD vehicle with traction control you can't turn off isn't the greatest starting point, but if you're married to it, a locker (if one's available for that rear end) is probably a good place to start. My friend's Astro van is 2WD, but it's got a factory locker, and that thing does better off-road than it has any right to.

• Like 1

Not sure what would be involved in a 4wd conversion (biggest issue would be electronics in my opinion), but if you choose to do so you may want to look into if it's possible to do a Titan swap (popular with 2nd gen Xterra's) to get things beefed up and upgraded at the same time.

As far as suspension, I'd recommend going with a small spacer lift from sfcreations.com or getting an Old Man Emu kit.  4x4parts.com may have more options too.   Since you're only 2wd with limited suspension travel, I'd highly recommend a CB or other radio for communication with your buddies on the trail (since you NEVER want to go alone), solid tow points front and rear, and then look into other things.  Good offroad tires will make a massive difference too.  Don't think there's a rear bumper or fender guard options commercially available, but if you like tube it shouldn't be terribly expensive to get a local 4x4 fabrication shop to knock them out for you.  There may be others, but I think ARB is the only choice for a front bumper, so you may want to consider tube for that too, and sticking a winch on it.

How much into wheeling do you intend to get?  If you think this is something you'll really like and will want to take it to the next level without doing big fabrications, I'm sorry to say this but I'd suggest looking for at least a 4x4 R51, if not something with a solid axle out back.  You'd be surprised where you can go with a smart line and good tires though.

Welcome to NPORA!

• Like 2