Necessary to re gear?

1 minute ago, JackFletcher said:

I can’t decide on 9447 or 9449 lol I have till June to decide. I finally get some time off to work on this thing then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the 9447, if your just doing a 2" lift the 9449 will lift it too high. Plus the 9447 is plenty spring for loading down your truck. The 9447 is so much better then the pos stock car springs they have on there.

1 hour ago, JackFletcher said:

I can’t decide on 9447 or 9449 lol I have till June to decide. I finally get some time off to work on this thing then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on 9449’s as is @02_Pathy. We both love them. While you’re in there changing out springs, we would both recommend extending brake lines, bump stops, and diff breather so you can run some nice long bilsteins.

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bertrenolds said:

Since your in here and thru my searching your the expert. I just looked and my 5 speed manual vg33 has a hg43 and i wanted to do a 4" lift and put 33s on but now after reading a bunch it doesn't sound like I should unless i can find a hg36 front and rear which is gonna cost a pretty penny. Will i be alright with 32s? I live in the mtns at elevation and climb a pass daily.

Hardly an expert, but I’ll throw an opinion out. My exposure to the 3.3L is limited, but  it’ll move the 32”s on stock gears. The MT will allow you to put more revs to it when needed, too.  However, I’m a proponent of gear changes from a wheeling perspective, and the cost of used gears is relatively cheap and usually justified.  I did mine and a buddy’s for about $300/ea truck.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 8:18 AM, bertrenolds said:

Get the 9447, if your just doing a 2" lift the 9449 will lift it too high. Plus the 9447 is plenty spring for loading down your truck. The 9447 is so much better then the pos stock car springs they have on there.

Cannot recommend this enough, the 9447's ride amazing, even if you don't upgrade the stock shocks right away.