Introduction

Sese95Pathy

Hi All,

I live in Guyana, but my family resides in Boston....so I travel between places. I've recently acquired a 95 se v6, some 12 years after I sold my first one, and I have a 2011 LE V8 in Boston. 

So far, I've installed a thermostat ( PO had taken it out) and new shocks, hoping to do electric fans and headers in the near future. Currently searching to see if there's a definitive solution to the non functional speedometer....so if anyone can shed some light or direct me to the relevant info...it would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Sese

IMG-20190411-WA0009.jpg

• Like 2

:welcome:

The round-dash trucks have an electronic speedo. I did a little digging into speedo issues a while ago in this thread, easier to link that than type it up again (and a few other peoples' experience in there as well, no final "here's what fixed it" post though unfortunately). The service manual (linked in the same thread and handy to have around) has some troubleshooting that might help you narrow down which part you need. There may be other helpful threads kicking around here as well. Keep in mind though that only late 93-95 (round dash) had the electronic speedo, everything before (square dash) has an old-school speedometer cable, so speedo troubleshooting for '87-'93 probably won't help you.

• Like 1