Light ticking

colinnwn

Hi,

I've noticed when I'm at highway speeds with the radio off and I lightly accelerate or decelerate, I can hear what sounds like light valve tick that lasts about 2 seconds and goes away until the next light accel or decel.

I have no current OBDC codes. A while back I had the one that can be the sensor or the VVT assembly. I replaced the sensor and it hasn't come back.

Has anyone noticed anything similar and know what the problem is? I'm concerned this means the engine has a big problem.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It sounds more like the valve lash noise at engine startup, but I guess it could be injectors.

I have a manual transmission, and everything I've read, including one person on this forum who took apart their intake, said the manual transmission engines don't have power valves or screws.

• Like 1

Definitely possible. I had the valve cover gaskets redone 2 months ago to reduce the approx 1 qt a month it was leaking and smelling of burnt oil at stop lights.

Immediately after it is now losing 2 qts of oil a month. So they either messed something up, or unluckily an unrelated area let go.

When I take it in, I'll mention the knocking and ask if it could be leaking headers. Everything down there is so tight and oily I don't think I could find it if it was leaking.