Winch bumper option

Citron

Seen em on quite a few pathfinders, they make some nice ones for Xterras and others too. They’re also currently working on a design for a rear pathfinder bumper with a swing-out tire carrier.

It’s definitely great quality for the price too, if you don’t mind the lead time and shipping from Canada. I’ve had good experiences with them.

• Like 1

Yeah, that got discuss here briefly a couple months back.  Personally it reminds me of the XJ bumper look, which I like, but of course better executed.  I really like how their bumpers looks on 4Runners, I'd be torn between that and what @hawairish is coming up with if I was doing it again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 8:01 PM, Citron said:

Here is a weld together kit. Don't know if any of you have seen this company before.

https://www.coastaloffroad.com/product-page/r50-nissan-pathfinder-high-clearance-front-bumper-kit

I dealt with Brandon a year and a half ago. My R50 was actually going to be his template until my engine died & I met TownDawgR50 & decided I’d follow his lead. Brandon was pleasant & easy to work with even though we never finalized things. I would be most interested in how this mounts to the R50’s unibody as that’s the real crux in an R50 bumper. Coastal Offroad appears to have alot of experience with fairly hardcore 3rd Gen T4Rs. Also, since you’re a Washingtonian, you could arrange to just pick it up in S Vancouver. Are you considering this for your new X? 

Yes I am. I don't have the proper paperwork to enter the People's Republic of Canadia, so would need to ship. I didn't get the "enhanced" driver's license and I don't have a passport.

• Like 1

Yes I am. I don't have the proper paperwork to enter the People's Republic of Canadia, so would need to ship. I didn't get the "enhanced" driver's license and I don't have a passport.
Just an fyi, you technically do not need a passport to cross the northern border. I traveled there last May. Just had my DL, SS card and birth certificate with me to get back in. Dont even think I needed all of that.
I will say, it was a heck of a lot easier to leave than to get back in however! Not too bad, just really checked every little thing to make sure it was right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

c782dd2e0b10b1c95afa1baa899f705a.jpg

Finally finished mine, from Coastal. I think it’s a fantastic build. It’s very heavy but very sturdy. There ARE some flaws in the design that they don’t account for, such as the dinky little power steering line that runs across the front of the frame, so that was a huge pain to bend and move out of the way... resulting in some crushed fins on my condenser, but oh well, more reason to install an aftermarket cooler eventually.

I really took my time welding the kit, made sure it was solid throughout, but I also have a pretty decent set of welding machines at work. It’s not going to be easy with a smaller welder, so be prepared to either have a decent one at your expense, or someone that can weld it. The total time it took me to bevel the edges, tack it together, weld, grind, stitch-weld the inside, etch, prime, and paint was a little over 36 hours, and I was definitely taking my time.

All in all, it’s a fantastic kit, the piece quality was actually great, and the metal was very clean and ready to weld, minus the edges that all had to be beveled. For the price and availability, I strongly recommend their service.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...