Supreme Suspensions wheel spacers

dezm

Hey all,

Anybody have experience with these wheel spacers? They seem to be of decent quality and they currently have a sale for 12% off. 

https://supremesuspensions.com/collections/all/products/1985-2004-nissan-pathfinder-wheel-spacers-w-o-lip-2wd-4wd?variant=21398727884880

Anybody have any other brands they can recommend? Seems like quite a few people are running spacers but don't mention what brand.

Sorry I don’t know any particular brands to recommend. The spacers I’m running are amazon/eBay specials so no specific brand that I recall. I’ve used spacers a lot on many different vehicles, never spent more than $100 for a set of 4, and have never had any trouble with any of them. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

I have the same exact ones up front they work well, I went ahead and red loctited the spacer to the hub and occasionally re torque it every road trip just to be safe

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, hawairish said:

How do they label them as fitting Nissan when they have the wrong center bore?

I guess it depends on how you define “fitting”. With the bore being slightly larger than stock they will fit fine but will of course be lug centric instead of hub centric centering. 108mm center bore is almost a universal number that most spacers as well as aftermarket rims use. I assume it simply keeps the cost down because it lets the manufacturer produce one item that will fit multiple vehicles. The spacers and rims on my rig are both 108mm. At least it makes it easy to clear all brands of manual hubs! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bax03SE said:

I guess it depends on how you define “fitting”. With the bore being slightly larger than stock they will fit fine but will of course be lug centric instead of hub centric centering. 108mm center bore is almost a universal number that most spacers as well as aftermarket rims use. I assume it simply keeps the cost down because it lets the manufacturer produce one item that will fit multiple vehicles. The spacers and rims on my rig are both 108mm. At least it makes it easy to clear all brands of manual hubs! 

Sure, but unless the hub has a centering lip, it's not relevant for use on 108mm wheels.  I'm sure it's intended for universal usage, and it comes in handy for most of the manual hubs out there.  I was just saying if it were really "for Nissan" it'd have both the right bore and studs.  Otherwise, they seem fine (I'm not against spacer usage).

6 hours ago, hawairish said:

Sure, but unless the hub has a centering lip, it's not relevant for use on 108mm wheels.  I'm sure it's intended for universal usage, and it comes in handy for most of the manual hubs out there.  I was just saying if it were really "for Nissan" it'd have both the right bore and studs.  Otherwise, they seem fine (I'm not against spacer usage).

Yeah I get where you’re coming from. 108mm will work, but it’s not the same as actually being made specifically for the R50, which I agree implies that they will fit the hub exactly like the oem rim would. 

4 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

When I had wheels with a center bore that was too large I experienced slight wobble at higher speeds until I installed some centering rings, aren't these rigs hub centric?

I honestly think all (or at least most) factory wheels are hub centric, it’s really the way they all should since it guarantees the wheel will always be properly centered and balanced. But as with a lot of modifications there often comes a compromise. I’ve found that if you go slow when tightening the lug nuts and keep alternating lugs, only turning each one a little at a time then the rim will center on the lugs properly and you won’t get any wobble. But if you run only one of the lugs too tight at first before tightening the rest, then it can end up off center just enough to be felt as a vibration at high speed.

I should also add that the same method needs to be used for tightening the spacers first, as well as the wheels onto the spacers. 

Edited by Bax03SE

45 minutes ago, Bax03SE said:

I honestly think all (or at least most) factory wheels are hub centric, it’s really the way they all should since it guarantees the wheel will always be properly centered and balanced. But as with a lot of modifications there often comes a compromise. I’ve found that if you go slow when tightening the lug nuts and keep alternating lugs, only turning each one a little at a time then the rim will center on the lugs properly and you won’t get any wobble. But if you run only one of the lugs too tight at first before tightening the rest, then it can end up off center just enough to be felt as a vibration at high speed.

Toyota's are a little strange because a lot of them are lug centric and have a larger bore similar (if not exactly the same as) those spacers, so I'm guessing those spacers were intended for Toyota's but are sold for Nissan's since the bolt pattern is the same and they happen to fit.  In any case, they'll certainly work as long as they're installed well like you said.

1 hour ago, Bax03SE said:

Totally agree, that's how i go about putting my wheels back on, never had problems

1 hour ago, mjotrainbrain said:

Toyota's are a little strange because a lot of them are lug centric and have a larger bore similar (if not exactly the same as) those spacers, so I'm guessing those spacers were intended for Toyota's but are sold for Nissan's since the bolt pattern is the same and they happen to fit.  In any case, they'll certainly work as long as they're installed well like you said.

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that about Yotas, good to know! That makes me wonder what Toyota does to make sure they center properly as compared to putting lug centric rims on the R50 for example. I wonder if the stock Toyota lug centric lug nuts are just a better design? Have you noticed if the lug nuts on your 4Runner are noticeably different in any way?

4 hours ago, Bax03SE said:

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that about Yotas, good to know! That makes me wonder what Toyota does to make sure they center properly as compared to putting lug centric rims on the R50 for example. I wonder if the stock Toyota lug centric lug nuts are just a better design? Have you noticed if the lug nuts on your 4Runner are noticeably different in any way?

Yeah, the lug nuts are different, I can take a pic but they have a necked down part that goes in the wheel, rather than just clamping against the face.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjotrainbrain said:

Yeah, the lug nuts are different, I can take a pic but they have a necked down part that goes in the wheel, rather than just clamping against the face.

Thanks I did a little research earlier and see what you mean. 

• Like 1