New to the forum.

RegionRat85

:welcome:

If you're looking to build yours up, Fleurys makes a lift kit for the R51.If you haven't bypassed the trans cooler in your radiator yet, look into that. The factory rads weren't well made and the cooler tends to leak, mixing coolant and trans fluid into a pink mess known as SMOD (strawberry milkshake of death). Sounds like you can just swap a couple of hose connections and run the external cooler only.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the pointers and the welcome! I know it had been taken in for the recall that I thought was for that before I owned it. Doesn't look like the original radiator. I'm thinking about possibly doing something with it. Not sure yet. I'm in the process of pulling some of the top end apart to fix oil leaks.

• Like 1

Good luck with the leaks! I don't know if Nissan ever recalled the trans cooler issue. Might've been chain guides it was in for? The faulty rads were made by Calsonic, might help determine whether the one you've got is OE or not.

Edit: more info and part #s in this thead.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

Hey, thanks for the pointers and the welcome! I know it had been taken in for the recall that I thought was for that before I owned it. Doesn't look like the original radiator. I'm thinking about possibly doing something with it. Not sure yet. I'm in the process of pulling some of the top end apart to fix oil leaks.

I'm not sure why it sent that again. Haha I'm not sure if they did change out the radiator. I will have to check. The secondary chain guides was for sure a recall  Yeah, she leaks alot it seems. Doing the valve covers for now then possibly the front cover, it's leaking as well. That's a big job though. One step at a time. Thanks for the info on the part #'s

Edited by RegionRat85
Needed to add more.