Snorkels made in China for R50 Pathfinder

cgriff

Anybody seen one of these in the wild?

https://telawei.en.made-in-china.com/product/DNREMJpbJkcU/China-Telawei-Snorkel-for-Nissan-Navara-D22-Frontier.html or these might be a bit better. 

Not sure about fittment and quality etc.  but they are cheap enough if a few of us wanted to go in and get a minimum order, we could save some money if they work out. 

Thoughts?

2019-03-16 23_11_18-China Telawei Snorkel for Nissan Navara D22_ Frontier - China Snorkel for Nissan.jpg

• Like 1

can't imagine the cost of the shipping would be that great.   Could be a bunch on nonsense with customs and the like.

I don't see a snorkel in that link you sent... did I miss something?

16 minutes ago, cgriff said:

can't imagine the cost of the shipping would be that great.   Could be a bunch on nonsense with customs and the like.

I don't see a snorkel in that link you sent... did I miss something?

Ah still had something else copied. Here we go https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snorkel-Air-Intake-Kit-ABS-For-D22-Nissan-Navara-2001-2007-Onwards-Diesel/333116908574?hash=item4d8f50a41e:g:1i4AAOSw~Bha~5-W

6 minutes ago, Sjackson2 said:

yup, those all look like they are coming out of the same factory.   If you cruise that site they show them making them in piles laid out on the floor.   I have inquired what the total damage would be to get them on the ground here in the US.    We'll see.   I will post it up when I get a reply.   Maybe I will just become an ebay entrepreneur like all them other guys LOL.

I personally would like to get an OEM one for a pattern and make a copy out of all aluminum or Stainless.   That would be something.

Cheers 

• Like 1

I got the quote for the landed price for these, should be about $50.00 each (Plush shipping out to whoever might be interested in one.)   Depending on interest, I would be willing to take the risk and get 10 of these shipped to me here in Colorado.

Let me know:

2019-03-16 23_11_18-China Telawei Snorkel for Nissan Navara D22_ Frontier - China Snorkel for Nissan.jpg

Telawei Snorkel for Nissan Navara D22/ Frontier

Cheers

• Like 1

Not to be a pain, but doesn’t it take a lot more than just a snorkel to be able to safely get up to the hood in water? I’ve heard it’s necessary to waterproof alot of the electrical components and whatnot before you can even take advantage of what a snorkel offers. 

Edited by PathyDude17

Breather extensions are important for your diffs, tranny & TF case. While electrical is important, water in the air intake will ruin the engine. Snorkels are also useful at elevating the air intake out of heavy dust.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sjackson2 said:

So they’d only be 50 shipped to you and then whatever to ship to people who want to pick one up from you? I might be down if I can convince the wife for that price 

Yup, that is what I am proposing.   The boxes weigh about 10lbs.  I live in Denver so whatever the shipping from here to you.

So they’d only be 50 shipped to you and then whatever to ship to people who want to pick one up from you? I might be down if I can convince the wife for that price probably 20 bucks to AZ. Hmmmmm....a snorkel for 70 bucks. Gonna have to finagle the wifey! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zakzackzachary said:

Seems like a good alternative. Does anyone know if a Grand Cherokee snorkel would fit on an R50 very well?

you can also use a d22 frontier snorkel or a hilux one to fit on R50.

i currently have a d22 frontier snorkel on my rig. 

check my adventure build thread. theres a write up there. if that helps

8 minutes ago, deltaR50 said:

you can also use a d22 frontier snorkel or a hilux one to fit on R50.

i currently have a d22 frontier snorkel on my rig. 

check my adventure build thread. theres a write up there. if that helps

These are d22 snorkels 

2 minutes ago, Sjackson2 said:

These are d22 snorkels 

i noticed it. but the other guy was asking if a grand jeep cherokee will fit. i think they all would fit as the intake goes through the driverside. just need to be creative how to connect the snorkel to the airbox

1 hour ago, deltaR50 said:

i noticed it. but the other guy was asking if a grand jeep cherokee will fit. i think they all would fit as the intake goes through the driverside. just need to be creative how to connect the snorkel to the airbox

Exactly 

I bought a snorkel for a Jeep Cherokee. Everything looked good, except the mount along the windshield. There is no were to fasten the snorkel. The door overhangs the windshield in this area. I would like to see a solution for this.

Some friends here in Argentina have installed navara snorkel in their r50 and others in their d21 and they work well, here they are manufactured by a local company called airflow

I will buy it soon and surely make a detailed thread

La imagen puede contener: automóvil y exterior

La imagen puede contener: automóvil

• Like 3

Now that working outside weather is showing its head its time to get out there and do it. So I'd definitely like to get in on this as well, Colorado to Montana isn't too far either. ?

5 hours ago, tpounds said:

Now that working outside weather is showing its head its time to get out there and do it. So I'd definitely like to get in on this as well, Colorado to Montana isn't too far either. ?

Shipping to Billings from Denver would be approx. $20.00 via USPS, I can shop around the other shippers to see if we can get a better deal on final delivery.   

I need to pull the trigger and get these ordered before the end of the month or it may take another month to process the order due to a trade show/festival taking place next month.   This could be a pressure sales tactic being applied by Mrs. Joyce at the factory and it most likely is, but if we want these for the beginning of the off-road season we better get our poop in a group.

At this point I have two maybes and 1 committed, so that would leave me with 8 additional units if the maybes don't end up going through with it.  Not the overwhelming response I was looking for?‍♂️

Let me know by tomorrow and if there is enough interest, I will go or no go.

Cheers

On 3/26/2019 at 9:37 PM, Enri330r said:

La imagen puede contener: automóvil, exterior y naturaleza

Those look like the units that are were made in Australia.   Check this thread:

http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=911&start=170

They are still available down under but for like $250USD and shipping from oz is expensive.

What is the price you will have to pay for them in Argentina?

Some friends here in Argentina have installed navara snorkel in their r50 and others in their d21 and they work well, here they are manufactured by a local company called airflow

I will buy it soon and surely make a detailed thread
50241609_10216315927885127_2633788810512564224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeFWghYpSgvTNV30zeOZf9u_26UJvbcLCvotAWp-AVWdwZy6NfFUq09n7KV55WqtHrhYbLgG3GyXquzuzQnJ8upnEbu3fN99pCtt-z-D6ldOUA&_nc_ht=scontent.faep5-1.fna&oh=bb903030cf5f8d8f9187076b53967b0f&oe=5D4410B6

49802080_10216315205267062_5969496893485481984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeFl-zpL21dG6P2YKPM4O4ZEn-KfGuAzDKM7ht7UmPsZfGxZVd9IT2qa1Nmg88PWw1rvAV6p5AEv4_vpOh22J1YyL5B8TVm_vSH8b4TbOXLc4g&_nc_ht=scontent.faep5-1.fna&oh=7685d70d0076a22729180b095e076ce6&oe=5D0FD391
How would one acquire one of these snorkels. These are very nice and streamlined. Most of the ones I see are too bulky looking for me. These are sweet.
Any detail on how to order would be awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk