Hard Bottom Out Rear 2002 QX4

MLML

9 hours ago, MLML said:

LR Direct is in England?  Ships free and fast to US? 

Scroll down a couple threads and there’s a free pair of 9447 up for grabs. Just gotta pay shipping 

No drive line issues at all. You may want to consider longer shocks but that’s true with stock springs and spacers as well. You likely won’t notice it on street driving, but if you take it off road you the shock will top out and limit your downward travel.  

Now that I think of it, you said the sound got better but is still there after installing new springs and spacers? Is it possible you’re hearing the shock bottom out over bumps? When I had spacers with stock shocks, sometimes when going over small bumps or small curbs I could hear/feel the shock bottoming out with a small clunk. I’m running f250 shocks now.

It might be the shocks bottoming. It’s a pretty harsh bottom out sound. I replaced the shocks with standard length shocks. Maybe I should go longer? What shocks do you recommend?

Do you still have those 9448s? They might work ok for me? If so, I’d gladly pay for shipping!

I’m thinking that given I carry bikes on the back maybe the heavy duty 9448/9449s might be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do still have the 9448 set. With the bike rack and stuff I think you would like the extra load capacity. The set I have had one coil cut so they give 3 inches of lift with no weight in the back. I used them towing a trailer with about 200 lb tongue weight and it would drop about an inch with the trailer hooked up. If you want to check shipping let me know, they’d be shipping from zip code 19720 and the box weighs about 15 lbs if that helps calculate.

I do still have the 9448 set. With the bike rack and stuff I think you would like the extra load capacity. The set I have had one coil cut so they give 3 inches of lift with no weight in the back. I used them towing a trailer with about 200 lb tongue weight and it would drop about an inch with the trailer hooked up. If you want to check shipping let me know, they’d be shipping from zip code 19720 and the box weighs about 15 lbs if that helps calculate.

Sold! I will PM you details in a bit.

52 minutes ago, Bax03SE said:

PM sent, twice.  Sorry trying to figure out how to use Tapatalk!  

4 hours ago, Bax03SE said:

What shocks would you recommend with those 9448s?