2-tone color code help!

ooh180

I want to paint my side guards, over fenders and rear bumper. Anybody have a maroon r50 with different guards and fender color? What color should i paint them?

52929837_412880072589150_156227217900385

Apparently stock came with this combination (minus the door bumpers)? But I'm going to be painting the door bumpers as well. Anybody have any pics of their 2 tone r50 and the color code for the stock grey?? Something very similar to the below..

ultimately im after color codes or color names to get started! 

Appreciate your help

52823465_10155805506681599_1902226528473

Edited by ooh180
added pics

I literally just bought some of this grey color paint a few days ago. The code is KR2. It is Grey metallic also called dark titanium.

44 minutes ago, Astrorami said:

I literally just bought some of this grey color paint a few days ago. The code is KR2. It is Grey metallic also called dark titanium.

You sir are an absolute legend!!

https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Nissan/2001-Nissan-Pathfinder-Gray-Metallic-Clearcoat-KR2.html

apparently to this site there are 2 Grey Metallic

- Gray Metallic KR2

- Gray Metallic (Bumper) G06

The bumper grey metallic seems a lot moe 'grey'. What are your thoughts? Have you used the paint yet?

TIA

I have not used the paint yet but the can I have has a sample sprayed directly into the cap. It is very close to OEM, so more of a charcoal color. That site is off on their colors. I purchased mine from a company called Touchup direct out of California. 

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/nissan/pathfinder/#pf-year=2001

This site is more accurate. You'll see the difference from AG06 and KR2. When compared to the actual grey trim on pathfinder, you'll see it is much closer to KR2.

EDIT: I just did some more research and I see both colors used for bumper/trim. I guess it's preference for you

Edited by Astrorami

I have the green with the titanium accent color. I was told by Courtesy Nissan that the 2nd tone was painted at each point of entry and it does not have a matching Nissan OEM color.

Mine is about to need repainting and I am leaning towards painting it all green.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, colinnwn said:

I have the green with the titanium accent color. I was told by Courtesy Nissan that the 2nd tone was painted at each point of entry and it does not have a matching Nissan OEM color.

Mine is about to need repainting and I am leaning towards painting it all green.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

what do you mean by point of entry?

4 minutes ago, ooh180 said:

So thats the KR2? looks neat!

Double check with @Astrorami. I don't remember everything he told me as far as color codes, but if you're wondering approximately how the red on beige looks, there it is. He's painting the tire carrier that came off of this rig, I don't remember if its the same or off by a shade.

1 hour ago, Astrorami said:

Here is KR2 w/ and w/o flash.

Paint day today?! 

It took me a while trying to figure out what im looking at. I just realized its a closed paint container! hahaha 

Keep us updated with the paint! looking forward to your finished product 

11 minutes ago, ooh180 said:

Paint day today?! 

It took me a while trying to figure out what im looking at. I just realized its a closed paint container! hahaha 

Keep us updated with the paint! looking forward to your finished product 

Unfortunately not. Its been rainy these past couple of days so I'll have to wait. We need some of that nice Australian summer over here right now!

The SEs came from Japan with contrasting charcoal bumpers, fenders & grill. I know this was true in ‘01 & ‘02 but likely extended ‘00-‘04. That KR02 looks like the metallic charcoal I remember. Personally, I really like it on the red & white ones in particular.

7 hours ago, Astrorami said:

Unfortunately not. Its been rainy these past couple of days so I'll have to wait. We need some of that nice Australian summer over here right now!

Will defiently prefer some rain over this stinking heat! Thats not including all the bush fires and storms hahah never ending down under

Dont forget to post some pics after its all painted! I also realised you have the paint in liquid form. How are you planning on painting the pathy?

After looking at your picture abother time. Is that liquid paint or can? Cant really tell..

Edited by ooh180

I’m not painting the pathfinder, just the tire carrier. What I have is a can. They have larger sizes but that’s too much for my application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk