Truck won't start

Steve_RI

So I changed out my positive battery terminal with one to organize the wires better and now the truck turns over but  won't start.  I can hear the fuel pump run.  I checked the fuses, they look fine.  Do any of the fusible links at battery factor in here?  Stumped right now. 

Okay so I played with the wires and the truck fired up.  I think I may replace that harness that connects to positive battery terminal.  Would anyone have that part number handy...thanks

Sorry don't know the part number, but the same thing happened to me once before. All I did was call the Nissan dealer and ask for the fusible links at the battery, they had no problem finding it.

Dealer was no help, but after doing some searching here I was able to figure out the two part numbers I needed at the terminal. 

24022-01G05 and 24022-01G00

• Like 1

Yea, the one close to me is kinda lame for parts, but I was holding out hope that these guys had them in stock.  Totally clueless with these older trucks.    He found two fusible links for the truck, but I checked the part numbers and one of them was the single black wire one that I did not need.  24022-01G00 is the black and brown wire fusible link right next to 24022-01G05 (red wire one with white connectors).   I had them in my hand, but  he couldn't find that part number listed for the truck even though I was showing him the part online at one of the many online Nissan Part dealer websites.   There was no way they were in stock anyway, so I thanked them for their time and ordered them online.

Edited by Steve_RI
spelling

Hold off on 24022-01G05...it's a 4 pin connector and should only be 3.   I think the right part number, which comes up for 93 and newer Pathfinders is 24022--84M60.  That part should arrive tomorrow and I will confirm all these part numbers.  24022-01G05 shows up when I use he VIN, but it's wrong.  My 92 has a build date of 10/91 and the database indicates a part number change from 7/92.  I will post pics and part numbers when I straighten this out. 

So the parts databases are a little off for the pre 93 VG30E Pathfinders.    24022-01G05 has  4 wires  and I think that fits older Pathfinders (VG30i) or the 4 cylinder trucks.

The two part numbers you need at the positive terminal are 24022-84M60 (3 wire link with green and white connectors) and 24022-01G00, the two wire link with black connectors.  These are the same fusible links for the 93-95 Pathfinders.

jyVy0pK.jpg

On 3/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, Steve_RI said:

Question:  there's another wire at the positive terminal, the black one circled; it contains a 15-amp fuse.  What is this for?

1rmxUt9.jpg

I have 6 or so black wires attached to the positive post..had no idea there were supposed to be factory wires there...what all does that mess feed to?

13 hours ago, Tn95rbn said:

I have 6 or so black wires attached to the positive post..had no idea there were supposed to be factory wires there...what all does that mess feed to?

I'm not sure what they all feed to, but I know the fuel injection and ECM are definitely one of them.  Having all black wires does not sound right,  it sounds like a previous owner bypassed the links?

• 5 months later...

check  the voltage are coming properly 12V? and what about the sound of the truck when you click on start? Is that make starting sound or just nothing? If the starting sound is near the running sound it will have some minor issue, i have experienced this in my ram 1500 truck which i use for Manhattan 24 Hour Towing, but after spending few hour than i got to know there is a wire issue in the circuit. 

Edited by allen932