1998 nissan pathfinder 3.3l 4x4 se

asalina27

Hows it going guys, just wanted to know if anybody here has ever installed turbo into their pathfinders, would really like to tweak mine to get more performance at the dunes, anybody know what turbo kits would be best or and other kinds of things i can do to my 1998 nissan pathfinder 3.3l 4x4 se. Thanks.

Edited by asalina27

A couple guys have turbo'd WD21s, and IIRC someone turbo'd a VQ35 R50, but I'm not sure I've seen someone do a VG33 R50 yet. I don't think there's much (if any) aftermarket support for the ECU, so you'll probably need a standalone to tune it properly. Some Z-car guys swap in VG33s, so it might be worth tracking down one of their build threads to see what they use. Unless something off (or for) a Z-car happens to fit in the R50 engine bay, you'd probably have to make manifolds and piping yourself or have it done. Here's a WD21 turbo build thread.

Short of that, you might try swapping out the cams. I've heard the stock VG33 cams are pretty wimpy. Guys swapping VG33s into WD21s tend to reuse the cams from the stock VG30 they're replacing. Aftermarket cams are also available.

• Like 1