2002 QX4 Transmission Fluid

MLML

I can't seem to find a good answer on this.  The recommended fluid is Nissan Matic D, I think.  What alternatives are there?  Anyone with experience?  I talked with a mechanic today and he said anything other than Matic D might harm the seals, another mechanic said he uses an alternate fluid with no issue.  

I can't seem to find a good answer on this.  The recommended fluid is Nissan Matic D, I think.  What alternatives are there?  Anyone with experience?  I talked with a mechanic today and he said anything other than Matic D might harm the seals, another mechanic said he uses an alternate fluid with no issue.  
Im using valvoline import truck stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My owner's manual states Matic D or DexronIII/Mercon.  I just ordered the Matic D.  It's a little more expensive, but better safe than sorry with a transmission.  

I run Castrol Transmax Import/Multi vehicle in my 03. Nissan matic D is listed on the back as one of the fluids it meets the requirements of. I replaced the fluid in mine with it 3 years ago and it runs great. 

• Like 1

I've been running synthetic dextron/mercon since the first change @ 30k miles, I'm now around 185k miles, no transmission issues to report. I did the first fluid/filter change at 30k, 2nd at 60k, 3rd at 100k, 4th at 150k, I'll do another at 200k.

P.s. I've owned it since new in 01

Edited by 01Pathmaker