Did a buncha stuff today

Sjackson2

8Yfosb.jpgI drew a crappy pic of the plenum on some cardboard and pushed all the bolts into it in their corresponding places o I could put them back where hey go later as they are different lengths 

plZFnnBljhere’s what I ended up having to do to replace it. When I had the swivel in the middle of the two extensions it was too long and hit the ac line and I couldn’t get it over the sensor. When I put the swivel on the socket itself....it swiveled too much and dropped so I couldn’t get it over the sensor. I ended up wrapping it with several wraps of electrical tape to remove some of the flopiness, but still allow it to flex enough that I could get it over the sensor. It was a huge pain in my ass and my hand is shredded but I got it done!!!

The etc sensor was a pain to reach and getting the harness off kind Of sucked, but once it was off I removed the sensor with a 19mm deep socket and it was good to go 

1 hour ago, Bax03SE said:

Nice work! How were the power valve screws before you took them out? Did anything seem loose?

No none of them were loose. They didn’t take a ton of torque to remove...but they were in there snug. I do like the extra feeling of security from having them done though 

• 2 weeks later...
The power valves are still a job that I need to tackle on mine. I agree that if anything it’s worth the piece of mind. 

Mine lived an easy life & then at 106K, while on our way to get a Christmas tree - Game Over. 5 screws missing. Ultimately had to replace the engine. Do it now before you’re immensely sad!
  • Sad 1