1993 Pathfinder inner fender and core support replacement

Jmoor85

I looked through the “how to’s” is there a section that explains the best way to place inner fender and core support? I had a front end collison and it crumbled the passenger inner fender and core support. With the metal all smashed in it is kind of hard to tell how they come apart. I’m hoping someone has done this before. 

Edited by Jmoor85

They're spot welded. This body repair manual is probably the best you'll find. If you have replacement panels, you drill out the spot welds and weld in the new panels. Some damage can be hammered out. I straightened my core support with a strap and another truck a couple years ago after a hoof rat bent it up, but the damage there wasn't too bad to begin with.

That blows. That’s what I was afraid of. I might need to try it out at the junk yard first. Thank you for the advise. The entire passenger side is junk. I doubt I can save anything of the core. Would you suggest buying a new inner fender or try and get one off a donor?

Depends on the cost of new parts vs used. If new parts are reasonably priced, they might save you some time. If you can get straight and rust-free panels from the wreckers, you might save some money, though it would mean you had to drill out all those spot welds twice.

I highly advise you get OE Parts unless you want to settle for cheap thin chinese body replacement parts. Go to a junkyard and cut out what you need. I bought a cordless grinder.

I had to go through what you are going through. Im using a cheap chinese core support and it is flimsy. The only thing keeping it from flexing further is the original middle support.

Salvage as much as you can from thr original parts.0bd80e162ba86c7b21de4e2b8ff55246.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Well, after having to go through physical therapy and then having a newborn I am finally getting started on repairing the Pathfinder. I bought a complete one with every and it was a 5speed. Only issue with it was the PO sent a rod through the block. 

On a side note, mine would still start up but now that it sat for 6 month it won’t. I have a new battery and nothing has changed. Any ideas? I get instrument panel lights and and that but the relays under the hood just click click click. 

Oh and I checked the relay for the clutch pedal>relay>starter. Replaced it and still nada. 

So do you guys think on the donor pathy I can leave the inner fender connected to the core supper and transfer it all over that way? 

• 2 months later...

Well. A little update. I bought a 95 5speed 4x4 parts car. Got it for only $200. It has 170xxxmiles on it. But I have actually driven this one before as it was my brothers. It was really nice but then it was sold to a young kid who went mudding and flooded the engine. He kept the RPMs pegged and blew the motor. Everything else is great. Nothing is missing. The only thing I’ll need is a Passenger fender since this one is rotten on the bottom. I’ll try to upload pics if I can figure out how to make them smaller. 
  So car I got a nice spot weld cutter and removed the inner fender and core support on mine. Now I’m stripping down the 95. Everything is going smooth. Just time consuming.