Where is the Rear wiper switch 1994 SE

msavides

Thank you .. It was there.   I am really only used to 90-91 pathfinders where it is a separate switch. 

However looks like there is one more thing to work on, as the rear wiper is not moving. When I put spin the switch I hear a click back there but not wiper blade. Perhaps the motor is bad. 

• 1 month later...

Pulled off the rear hatch panel, the rear wiper wireing was all melted. I had to rebuild the wiring. Then found the cause.  The wiper motor was seized.  The motor should be fused somewhere but could not find a fuse anywhere.  ordered replacement used motor and installed.  All is now working great.  hopefully it does not happen again.

I had a look at EL-49 of the '95 manual and it looks like the rear wiper, washer, and glass hatch all run off the same 10A fuse (top row, second from the left). Maybe the seized motor wasn't pulling quite enough power to pop the fuse, but enough to melt the wires after a few hours? Check the fuse as well, make sure someone didn't put a bigger one in when the wiper started acting up.

6 hours ago, adamzan said:

It's the same fuse the power mirrors run off of I believe. Should be a 10 or 15A can't remember. Maybe some idiot put a larger fuse in because it kept popping.

Hey you describe the previous owner perfectly, do you know him?

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 5:26 PM, msavides said:

Hey you describe the previous owner perfectly, do you know him?

Sadly that guy appears have a lot of brothers and cousins who seem to think in exactly the same way! :(

here is a new one. the guy used electrical tape to tape the single din car stereo to the pocket,. then since he did not have the bracket to mount it in. He used expanding foam to hold it in.

I almost drove the car into a ditch and left it after finding that GEM.

Took me almost 4 hours to cleanup that mess

• Haha 2

On 3/24/2019 at 7:10 AM, msavides said:

here is a new one. the guy used electrical tape to tape the single din car stereo to the pocket,. then since he did not have the bracket to mount it in. He used expanding foam to hold it in. 

I almost drove the car into a ditch and left it after finding that GEM.

Took me almost 4 hours to cleanup that mess

Hopefully he used the slowly expanding kind so he didn't crack the dash?

:doh:

B

when it was sold to me they said the stereo did not work.  it was obvious why, the foam filled in just about every vent in the stereo, I am sure it overheated. 

went straight into the trash