Xenon HIDs 98’ Pathy

Ole_Rosie_R50

So I’m deciding on getting some xenons for my truck. Any suggestions on which ones I should get? (My bulbs are 9004) I was thinking about the sylvania xenon series on amazon but I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're putting them in the original housing I would just go with some LED's. Running HID's in the reflector housing would be basically like running with your high beams on all the time, plus then you need a ballast and all that crap. And they're more expensive. 

I run these in my car https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BNFXZSH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ole_Rosie_R50 said:

So I’m deciding on getting some xenons for my truck. Any suggestions on which ones I should get? (My bulbs are 9004) I was thinking about the sylvania xenon series on amazon but I’m not sure.

If i remember correctly, you already tried LED's? did you try turning them 90* in the housing or anything like that? Mine have a pretty clean cutoff, but it took me a while to get to that point.

Edited by PathyDude17

If i remember correctly, you already tried LED's? did you try turning them 90* in the housing or anything like that? Mine have a pretty clean cutoff, but it took me a while to get to that point.

You have plastic headlights we have glass headlights that have the inside of it etched so no matter what the light just bounces off everywhere

20 minutes ago, Ole_Rosie_R50 said:

You have plastic headlights we have glass headlights that have the inside of it etched so no matter what the light just bounces off everywhere

Alright, I guess I’m a little confused. How do HID’s not do that, and don’t you have a similar problem with your halogens then?

I got a set from Kensun at Amazon. They are Chinese but I've never had any problems with them in the five or so years I've had them. It includes everything you need to install. A basic understanding of wiring helps. I've had no problems with opposing traffic either. I really like the difference they make in inclimate weather.

37 minutes ago, Megaton said:

I got a set from Kensun at Amazon. They are Chinese but I've never had any problems with them in the five or so years I've had them. It includes everything you need to install. A basic understanding of wiring helps. I've had no problems with opposing traffic either. I really like the difference they make in inclimate weather.

Do you have a picture of the cutoff line/glare?

• Like 1

I don't have any photos but the cut off line is a little ragged but acceptable. Apparently the glare isn't too bad because I don't get " bright lighted" by opposing traffic. As Rosie said we have faceted glass lenses that focuses the light. I don't know much about how they will work with clear unfaceted lenses.