Both front o2 sensors?

Sjackson2

13 hours ago, Sjackson2 said:
Anything else that could cause both upstream o2 sensors to suddenly throw codes for no activity? Seems weird theyd both go out at the same time

I've had both my downstream 02 sensors go out at the same time, I've also seen other vehicles where their 02 sensors would go out in pairs.

This is interesting, I’m curious to see everyone’s input, I’ve been getting codes for all 4 of my sensors at any giving time it changes which one it wants to throw codes for. It originally was only bank 1 sensor 2 and I replaced it. Now I’m randomly getting codes for all 4. Not always the same ones either. It’s driving me freaking nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, DirtyRhino said:

This is interesting, I’m curious to see everyone’s input, I’ve been getting codes for all 4 of my sensors at any giving time it changes which one it wants to throw codes for. It originally was only bank 1 sensor 2 and I replaced it. Now I’m randomly getting codes for all 4. Not always the same ones either. It’s driving me freaking nuts.

What year? Your truck might be a candidate for the tsb for the grounding issue. Sounds like it might be if it’s intermittent 

What year? Your truck might be a candidate for the tsb for the grounding issue. Sounds like it might be if it’s intermittent 

My truck is a 97, I wasn’t even aware there was a TSB for grounding issues

dont buy it from nissan. its over 100 bucks. make one out of two pieces of good quality cable and attach your own eyelets.My vehicle actually doesnt qualify for this tsb....and i dont have the bolts in the same place on the manifold as yours does...but i just made myself a bracket and attached the two grounds to it that go to the harness that the o2 sensors are on. I then attached on more cable and ran that back to my negative battery cable and it fixed the bank 1 and 2 no sensor activity codes i was getting 

• Like 1

dont buy it from nissan. its over 100 bucks. make one out of two pieces of good quality cable and attach your own eyelets.My vehicle actually doesnt qualify for this tsb....and i dont have the bolts in the same place on the manifold as yours does...but i just made myself a bracket and attached the two grounds to it that go to the harness that the o2 sensors are on. I then attached on more cable and ran that back to my negative battery cable and it fixed the bank 1 and 2 no sensor activity codes i was getting 

That’s what I figured, when I get back to the shop tomorrow it’s the first thing I’m doing. Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated

• Like 1