PCV Install

ryjaytay38

Does anyone have any helpful hints or tricks to get the pcv valve pushed into the valve cover? Im replacing valve cover gaskets and trying to get this valve back in without threads and finding it close to impossible.  Any help would be appreciated! 

When I did my PCV valve I didn't push it into the valve cover. It should have threads on it to thread into the valve cover. The old one gets unthreaded and the new one get threaded in. If you're PCV valve doesn't have threads then you might have the wrong part

I'd give anything to have threads on this stupid thing but unfortunately, we who have the 01, get no threads. It's a push in. I've looked at possibly parts store screw up, but I have my valve cover off and there are no threads there. It's an aluminum head so maybe I should tap some threads in there and use either the 00 or the 02.? I thought maybe it's a crappy pcv valve but I've gotten 3 different ones from 3 different parts stores and none will go!!

So the valve pops into a rubber bushing? Try a little grease on the bushing if you haven't yet.

The replacement PCV I got for my '93 was the wrong thread pitch. No idea why. I ended up cleaning out the old one and reusing it rather than trying to figure out why the replacement was NPT and the stock one was something else.

1 hour ago, ryjaytay38 said:

I'd give anything to have threads on this stupid thing but unfortunately, we who have the 01, get no threads. It's a push in. I've looked at possibly parts store screw up, but I have my valve cover off and there are no threads there. It's an aluminum head so maybe I should tap some threads in there and use either the 00 or the 02.? I thought maybe it's a crappy pcv valve but I've gotten 3 different ones from 3 different parts stores and none will go!!

Ah gotcha, yeah you have the aluminum valve cover on the 01 right? Yeah right after is when they went plastic for the valve covers. 

• Like 1