Oil mileage?

MTGunner

My owners manual suggests changing engine oil around 3750 miles under normal conditions. I am running 5w/30w high mileage synthetic. 

What is everyone changing their oil and filter at? MTG

For 106K & 16 years I ran Mobil 1 & changed it every 6-8,000 miles. When my power valve screws killed my engine the inside was pristine, still with crosshatching on the inside of the cylinders. No sludge & essentially no “varnish”. The mechanics thought it was the nicest looking engine of that age/mileage they had ever seen. I now shoot for every 8K, meaning I’ll usually get it between 8-9K.

• Like 2

When I had mine I was paranoid and stuck with the old 4k mile interval.  Probably totally overkill, but I felt better about it, especially with only 2-3 changes a year with how little I drove.  No idea what condition the inside of the engine was in since I had never even had the valve covers off.  I always brought it to the dealer to have it done because they gave me a sweet deal, so I don't even know what the oil looked like.  (Worth noting I do 5k+/- intervals now and change myself.)

I change my oil every 10,000 miles with generic full synthetic oil 5-30, and a Purolator PurOne or Mobil 1 oil filter.

I'm at 260,000 miles and have a slight valve tick for a second or two at first morning start, but other than some oil leaks, the engine seems great.

For a couple years I did 10k filter changes and 20k oil changes. But as the engine got older, I decided that was a bit long.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I change the oil and filter every 5~6kM, with Valvoline High Mileage MaxLife Technology 20W-50 Synthetic Blend, it is now 316000 KM

Edited by shamil

..... but I use whatever filter is cheapest lol

Check out the YouTube filter comparisons where they cut them open. I was pretty surprised how bad the basic Fram are, especially when the much better ones are only like a dollar more. It was pretty eye opening.
  • Like 2