Rock Creek Edition R52

mjotrainbrain

"... looks as rugged as its name sounds!"

Well, if the name sounds like a light rock cover band in a hotel lounge, then yeah, that's about right. They clearly tried to make a Subaru.

And look at that approach angle! :blink: My mom's CRV has better clearance than that!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

"... looks as rugged as its name sounds!"

Well, if the name sounds like a light rock cover band in a hotel lounge, then yeah, that's about right. They clearly tried to make a Subaru.

And look at that approach angle! :blink: My mom's CRV has better clearance than that!

Yeah, that's the bit that I found funny.  Rock Creek edition sounds rugged and....it looks exactly like a regular R52.  Really would have been cool if the R52 wasn't such a softy.  This would have been a cool opportunity to at least make it slightly more respectable of its heritage.  :deadhorse:

Think about how high you’d have to lift it just to go up a tire size. The wheel wells almost curve back around under the tire. And that factory “skid plate” looks like an absolute must given the ground clearance. They probably had to tow it on a trailer out to that spot to get the picture

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, but it's available on the front wheel drive too! LMAO!

I will say that it makes the godawful ugly R52 look halfway decent, but the fact that a Subaru Forester possesses more capabilities than a Pathfinder is just pitiful. Thanks for killing another name, Nissan...

• Like 1