New Member!

ThatBluePathy

I acquired my blue 2003 pathfinder in June of 2018. I belong to a pathfinder group on Facebook, and am just now joining here. I currently have 16x8 Vision Warriors on 265/70/16, LED headlights and fog lights, LED dome lights, and currently deciding on a grille guard or a bull bar. I'd upload photos of my rig, but apparently the photos are too large.

Pictures:

https://ibb.co/album/bwVfwF

Follow me on Instagram for updates! (I'll follow back). @thatbluepathy

Cheers! ?

Edited by ThatBluePathy
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ThatBluePathy said:

currently deciding on a grille guard or a bull bar.

Hello! Before purchasing a grill guard or bull bar, you may want to read some of the "damage multiplier" threads on this and other forums. There's an underlying consensus that in many collisions they may do more bad than good in terms of protecting your front end. I initially wanted one, but they pose some downsides as they're not very strong. They do however seem to be effective for protecting parts of your bumpers or headlights from brush, trees, etc, and mounting lights. There are stories of them helping in collisions, and stories of them turning parking lot collisions into thousand dollar fiascoes. There's plenty of information on it all over the internet, but I thought I should mention it in case you haven't already come across it. If it suits your needs, go for it! The link to Tacoma World is very telling. Lots of firsthand testimonials if you can stand to read through all of it.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/another-bull-bar-pusher-question-are-they-all-damage-multipliers.395343/

Best of Luck, excited to see what you do with your rig!

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with PathyDude17, however there are a couple guys here (TowndawgR50 and Hawairish) that are working on a strong mounting system for our R50s and other custom offerings as well.

Have you heard about the power screw issue that affected the VQ35 engines? It’s worth spending some time reading about if your engine could be affected.

Welcome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, zakzackzachary said:

Looks like it's in great quality and should take your future mods well! Welcome ?

Thanks! Being in Ohio, it's very surprising that there's not a spec of rust on it other than the underside. The previous owner/s must have taken great care of it, and I'm grateful for that! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PathyDude17 said:

Hello! Before purchasing a grill guard or bull bar, you may want to read some of the "damage multiplier" threads on this and other forums. There's an underlying consensus that in many collisions they may do more bad than good in terms of protecting your front end. I initially wanted one, but they pose some downsides as they're not very strong. They do however seem to be effective for protecting parts of your bumpers or headlights from brush, trees, etc, and mounting lights. There are stories of them helping in collisions, and stories of them turning parking lot collisions into thousand dollar fiascoes. There's plenty of information on it all over the internet, but I thought I should mention it in case you haven't already come across it. If it suits your needs, go for it! The link to Tacoma World is very telling. Lots of firsthand testimonials if you can stand to read through all of it.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/another-bull-bar-pusher-question-are-they-all-damage-multipliers.395343/

Best of Luck, excited to see what you do with your rig!

Thanks for the heads up! I don't plan on trailing the pathy much as I like the color too much to scratch it up. The guard would merely be for cosmetic purposes, with the occasional brush from my property. I figure my biggest danger would be deer crossing my path, or of course, as you stated, a parking lot collision. I already park in the back away from everyone, so hopefully if I go that route I'll be safe, but you never know! 

10 hours ago, onespiritbrain said:

Have you heard about the power screw issue that affected the VQ35 engines?

I recall vaguely reading something about them awhile back before I purchased my Pathfinder, but I never took any precautions. I believe there's also an issue with the IACV frying the ecm?