LED headlights

PathyDude17

Looks great!

One concern I have is that at times they blind me with on coming traffic.

Is that because people don't install them correctly and they point up too much?

Are there any laws in regard to angles and brightness?

Just curious....

Thanks, Tomek

• Like 2

Looks great!  

One concern I have is that at times they blind me with on coming traffic.

Is that because people don't install them correctly and they point up too much?

Are there any laws in regard to angles and brightness?

Just curious....

Thanks, Tomek

Essentially yes & yes. If they are not DOT street legal approved you can always get a ticket if a police officer investigates. That said, they rarely do. However, for on road use, it is in your and others best interest not to blind oncoming traffic. A head on because a driver couldn’t see would be bad for everybody & a post accident analysis would likely label you as at least partially, if not entirely, liable-particularly if the other driver is alive to testify that your lights blinded him. (BTW, tinted tailights pose similar, if less lethal, risks).

Best way to compare is to put your halogens in one lens & the LED in the other then park on level ground against a large blank wall at night. This is the method I used to arrange my auxiliary light setup. Some have found significant difference in light projection by rotating the LED 90* so that the 2 LEDs (if it’s that style) are in horizontal vs vertical orientation. Also, be aware that some LEDs do not warm the light housing enough to melt off snow & ice in cold climes.

• Like 2

https://www.carid.com/2003-nissan-pathfinder-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-334375141.html

4000 lumen, 6500k. The color is nice and they don’t seem to be blinding. Although, I may need to tilt my headlights down slightly (currently have a 2.5” lift)

• Like 1

https://www.carid.com/2003-nissan-pathfinder-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-334375141.html
4000 lumen, 6500k. The color is nice and they don’t seem to be blinding. Although, I may need to tilt my headlights down slightly (currently have a 2.5” lift)

$135! I guess you get what you pay for! They look nice. Direct plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AlabamaDan said:

$135! I guess you get what you pay for! They look nice. Direct plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess so, but they have a pretty good warranty and reviews. Direct plug in play (comes with all necessary adapters and wiring). Only thing I had to do was widen the hole of the rubber boot that goes on the backside of the housing, and fiddle with those metal clips a little

• Like 1

Lights look good!    Is it crazy that I never thought about the heating RainGoat mentioned...?

No, someone had to remind me. Plus, if you live in AZ, Southern Cal, etc. that condition never happens. In their case, all LED doesn’t really present this concern. I’ve been convinced the best set up for me is HID low & LED high - but that doesn’t really work for a 9004 (I’m putting in JDM Terrano lights where it will). If you actually lived IN the Mtns, say of CO, you might not want LED at all. That & Midwest freezing rain are the only places I’ve ever had to stop to decrust my lights (when they were 9004 PIAA halogens). Also, I used to run a front light set up with over 750w of Halogen power (primarily for desert driving) - that front end was toasty (my brother once said that as he watched me climb the foothills outside CO Springs, it looked like a Lighthouse was coming!)