hawairish

Moderator/Admin accessibility

Not a complaint, just an observation, but most of the admins and mods aren't frequent visitors to the forum these days.  It's fully understood that vehicles, interests, and life change, so I don't have expectations that they'll always be online (I miss me some @Precise1 quips, though).  Our trucks aren't exactly new, either.  However, I've had a few questions lately that don't warrant public posts like this, but my PMs to current admins and mods have gone unanswered.

Definitely not a knock on the current staff, but would it be beneficial to cycle in some new moderators?  There are several active members with proven interest and knowledge that would make great moderators.  (And no, this isn't a pitch for me; not interested.)  For starters, it might be nice to see some renewed interest in checking for pin-worthy topics (i.e., Land Rover springs), cleaning out or condensing old pins, moving build threads to the Member's Rides section, etc.

This is hands-down the best forum community I've been a part of.  For the few years I've been around, is has also been very self-moderating.  I've read some old posts and know this wasn't always the case.  At the same time, sometimes it's nice to know (or believe) the forum isn't completely hands-off.  I don't find the NPORA FB group a suitable replacement (noting that it's not directly affiliated with the forum, just a shared name and a lot of member overlap). 

My original reason for this post is because @TowndawgR50 and I had some questions about qualifications for Vendor status here.  We wanted to hold off on our recent announcement until we were able to discuss things with the admin team, but could no longer wait for a response.  @RedPath88, I believe you're the best person to talk to about this (and sorry to call you out directly here), but your inbox is full and the Hangouts invite I sent has not been accepted.  We'd still like to chat about it if you've got the time.

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 5

Respectfully valid. - agreed ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just a quick reply here....  sorry about the delay @hawairish. I did see an invite in Hangouts, but did not recognize the name so I let it sit stalled.  But @Pezzy did get a hold of me the other day asking about my inbox and sent a screenshot of your message along with. I didn't even realize it was full, however I found a few minutes to clear some PM Inbox room soon after reading her message... guess I was just trying to emulate B (@Precise1) with his perpetually full inbox :lol:... and I did plan to get a hold of you. I usually do a pretty good job of keeping it just under full so that I'm available via PM.  However it's also absolutely amazing how fast the staffs PM Inbox's can fill up at times.

Just to be clear here, the following applies to @hawairish & @TowndawgR50 as it applies to this specific subject and is not a free pass for all to follow suit. :)

I read your thread in the R50 section and recommend you continue with it to avoid any further delays in your guys' plans.  Once we can discuss and perhaps work out an NPORA Vendor status, we'll look at moving it,  if appropriate, into the Vendor Section.

:beer:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @RedPath88, I definitely appreciate that reply.  And yeah, B's inbox was always full.  No doubt the inboxes get cluttered quickly.

We'll definitely follow-up in the near future once @TowndawgR50 and I firm things up.  Work in progress!

On a related topic[mention=1519]RedPath88[/mention] what is a good way for a general member to flag an Admin? For example, to suggest putting a pin in a topic or cutting something out into its own thread? Thanks!