Hawairish and TowndawgR50 are teaming up!

hawairish

Damn these parts all look so sweet!! I live right up the street from hawaiirish so I’m looking forward to some of this stuff coming out so i can buy some for my rig. Maybe hang out at his shop and shoot the sh*t about all of it! Lol

• Like 2

and If I understood correctly....you’re saying you’re making a lift option that wouldn’t necessarily involve doing s subframe drop?? I’m definitely interested in this option as I have a 2wd Q with lsd that I do a little light wheeling in with my boys to go camping and fishing. Don’t necessarily need the whole sfd but would love a lift for look and better approach angle 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sjackson2 said:

and If I understood correctly....you’re saying you’re making a lift option that wouldn’t necessarily involve doing s subframe drop??

Yes, our base plate is the foundation for all of our modular components and it provides 1.75" of lift. It can be used by itself or in conjunction with 3" or 4" strut risers and the appropriate subframe blocks

Edited by TowndawgR50
  • Like 1

That's incredible!  Great job taking the basic SFD to the next level, that's something that's needed to happen for a long time, glad you guys were the ones to do it.

Any fun stories about stumbling points in R&D?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

That's incredible!  Great job taking the basic SFD to the next level, that's something that's needed to happen for a long time, glad you guys were the ones to do it.

Any fun stories about stumbling points in R&D?

Thanks!  Stories wise...well, nothing's caught fire and all fingers are still attached, so that's a good start.  The fun part is probably when we're tossing ideas around then trying to "construct" an idea on the fly with any crap we happen to have laying around us.

But honestly, we've been back-and-forth on numerous ideas, seemingly CADing them up for weeks, and maybe months for the strut spacers.  Nothing was really tangible until just the other day.  The motor mount spacers were the first thing to get cut, and it was probably more of an experiment for the bend process.  They turned out well, needing only a minor tweak or two.  The ones shown in the picture are our 2nd attempt, and that's looking like a winner for the final design.

The strut spacers...man, we've iterated on so many ideas.  They've already seen a slight redesign since our announcement today.  All the strut spacer parts in that pic (not shown was another bent piece for the 3" spacer) are actually the very first prototypes for each part, and they turned out great for a first pass!  The assembly process that day led to other simple improvements, mainly for manufacturing and installation.  Beyond tweaks here and there, it's awesome see things come out as expected.

• Like 10

I was lucky enough to get in on the swinggate fest nw edition at@Towndawgr50 ’s compound a few weeks ago. Here has been my review on it thus far.

While these are not common in any 2003 pathfinders I found that the installation was very straight forward. Like any swing gate they will make some sort of sound going over large bumps but I can assure you this thing is solidly mounted.

You will want some heavy duty springs due to the fact that the factory tire carrier is pretty beefy. This is definitely not a one person job.

I did have a jerry mount welded onto the carrier as well as a custom plate mount.

This is a pretty cheap mod considering what the Toyota guys pay for a swing gate.

With the kit that Pines to Spines will be producing I am sure it will make this a very common addition to the post face lift r50’s.

00fd1a00084a4fd352dc32d4204fe620.jpg
0cbd368374692b6a47ba0f58921f0af5.jpg5a3dfdabecf8c85f2c5bbb21c61e7a60.jpgc2e51947ca4b9c9f1739e64032ad94a3.jpg344507493899e6dc2f7b4f587de066d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Parts are looking awesome guys!   I really appreciate your real-world approach to R&D and the time an effort you (and the guinea pigs) are putting into testing these before you go to market.   

Hope things progress quickly at this stage and you get all the bugs and details sorted.   I especially like the modular approach, giving the ability to add on as you go along, Brilliant!

Big Thumbs up! and looking forward to becoming a future customer.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stpickens said:

I was lucky enough to get in on the swinggate fest nw edition at@Towndawgr50 ’s compound a few weeks ago. Here has been my review on it thus far.

While these are not common in any 2003 pathfinders I found that the installation was very straight forward. Like any swing gate they will make some sort of sound going over large bumps but I can assure you this thing is solidly mounted.

You will want some heavy duty springs due to the fact that the factory tire carrier is pretty beefy. This is definitely not a one person job.

I did have a jerry mount welded onto the carrier as well as a custom plate mount.

This is a pretty cheap mod considering what the Toyota guys pay for a swing gate.

With the kit that Pines to Spines will be producing I am sure it will make this a very common addition to the post face lift r50’s.

0cbd368374692b6a47ba0f58921f0af5.jpg5a3dfdabecf8c85f2c5bbb21c61e7a60.jpgc2e51947ca4b9c9f1739e64032ad94a3.jpg344507493899e6dc2f7b4f587de066d0.jpg

Damn that is really nice!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hawairish said:

The strut spacers...man, we've iterated on so many ideas.  They've already seen a slight redesign since our announcement today.  All the strut spacer parts in that pic (not shown was another bent piece for the 3" spacer) are actually the very first prototypes for each part, and they turned out great for a first pass!  

That modular strut spacer system made my jaw drop. Really impressive looking. Very looking forward to things to come.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stpickens said:

Looking good! Now you just a matching spare for those Bfs. Whats the plate frame you have?

Edited by Astrorami

Looking good! Now you just a matching spare for those Bfs. Whats the plate frame you have?

I am waiting till next winter to get a set of Yokohama geolander mt’s. But first will be the awesome sfd that they are coming out with. . And the little black guy on top of my license plate is a back up light from v-leds. It’s bright as hell.

21 minutes ago, Stpickens said:

I am waiting till next winter to get a set of Yokohama geolander mt’s. But first will be the awesome sfd that they are coming out with. emoji1303.png. And the little black guy on top of my license plate is a back up light from v-leds. It’s bright as hell.

Just took a quick look at it, That price tag hurts a little

I was lucky enough to get in on the swinggate fest nw edition at[mention=37543]Towndawgr50[/mention] ’s compound a few weeks ago. Here has been my review on it thus far.

Looks great! I was jealous of all of you who got together. Mine is sitting in the garage until I have the time (and courage) to try to get it installed this summer. Spare in the cargo is no good...

• Like 1

I’ve been present for the installs so far and have witnessed the little tweaks made as@TowndawgR50 goes along. He then applied those finesse adjustments to the first rendition. I’m next up and excited but not anxious at all having watched how nice it all comes together.@TowndawgR50 &@hawairish really are committed to quality work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I too was lucky enough to get on the PNW swinggate fest. Just like what@Stpickens said install was straight forward and that kits from Pines to Spines will make it a common mod for post face lifted R50's. Also different configurations for a license plate as well.@Stpickens had his mounted underneath the Jerry can holder and I had mine mounted off to the side with a plate relocation bracket that fits perfectly with the body lines of the R50. Also with the swinggate it helps makes things easier to haul and add on to a trip.4aa261633485369e0a4113089cb810cc.jpg5917b5cbfef775820ffad3e680323e1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, 02_Pathy said:

I too was lucky enough to get on the PNW swinggate fest. Just like what@Stpickens said install was straight forward and that kits from Pines to Spines will make it a common mod for post face lifted R50's. Also different configurations for a license plate as well.@Stpickens had his mounted underneath the Jerry can holder and I had mine mounted off to the side with a plate relocation bracket that fits perfectly with the body lines of the R50. Also with the swinggate it helps makes things easier to haul and add on to a trip.4aa261633485369e0a4113089cb810cc.jpg5917b5cbfef775820ffad3e680323e1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was not expecting your license plate bracket to look like that lol

• Like 1

I was not expecting your license plate bracket to look like that lol

It is form fitting, clean & lets you run the illumination for the plate from the existing plate lights. Also, you can remove your swingate temporarily without having to redo the plate lighting.
  • Like 2

I rolled around with the same license plate bracket for a few weeks before@Towndawgr50 hooked me up with my custom plate bracket. The one I had was the prototype bracket and it worked flawlessly. No rattling of any kind honestly if you put a nice powder coat or anodized finish on it, it would look really great . It is a perfect way on mounting your plate and really easily running a light to it.

2d952196fd3cbc32150c9d5f1df74c19.jpg

• Like 3